I would like to develop an integration inside HubSpot for personal use!

New Contributor

I would like to develop an integration inside HubSpot for personal use which will fetch details related to a contact from other platform. I would like to display it in contact fields. Is this possible?

If yes, how would I achieve that?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies
Regular Contributor

HI @hs_spritle - I would recommend that you use a CRM extension for this, this is something in the left or right hand side of the screen that displays in a Contact Record.

You can read more about CRM Extensions here.

Cheers,

Daryn (daryn.smith@mpull.com)

www.mpull.com

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for replying @darynsmith.

Where should I upload the code for that and any other sample apps if you have any, can you please share it?

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@hs_spritle you will need to host our application somewhere, such as Amazon Web Services or any hosting provider.

When you setup your CRM extension, the first time you run the script it will create the extension within HubSpot using this API: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/crm-extensions/create-object-type

We've created CRM extensions for customers to view status of clients account from a usage and billing perspective, to create records in 3rd party systems and look up company information. We can't share these as they are in our clients portals.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi @darynsmith,

Thanks for the response!

Is there any way we can use ngrok to serve the application inside HubSpot for local testing?

Also, I would like to display external data related to the contact's email address. How can I retrieve the contact details of the present contact in the page?

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@hs_spritle yes you can use ngrok for local testing.

And use the contact ID that is sent to the dataFetchUri to collect the contact's details via the contact API: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/contacts/get_contact

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thanks for the response @darynsmith!

I could not see the option to create an application. Where should I have to create one such?

0 Upvotes