Sales Integrations

smartronics
Teilnehmer/-in

Hubspot to MailerLite data sync not working

Hi there,

it seems to be Hubspot to MailerLite data sync is not working when it comes to exchanging email contacts. Would that be possible? MailerLite to Hubspot data sync seems to work.

I am using WordPress CMS + Contact Form 7 + MailerLite WordPress Plug-In for getting in touch with me or for signing up for the newsletter. I am not using the Hubspot Contact Form.

Everything works fine solo. I can receive requests through my contact form 7 and it gets right into Hubspot. I also receive an email through WordPress itself (but doesn't matter for my problem).

If someone signs up through the MailerLite WordPress Plug-In, I can receive that data in MailerLite. In most cases, the new contact goes also into my Hubspot contacts after a few minutes. But not vice versa. So is it possible that when someone contacts me through Contact Form 7, the email address gets also from Hubspot right into MailerLite? I am also using the MailOptin WordPress Plug-In (set up properly with my API keys) to sync between MailerLite and MailOptin and Hubspot.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-30 um 13.32.54.png

Two-way sync is also activated, see here:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-30 um 13.43.21.png

Some advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

0 Upvotes
2 Antworten
PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hello @smartronics, thank you for providing all this information, at the moment this is a fairly recent data sync option, so the documentation available on our end might not cover all use cases yet.

In past cases, a user was able to sync several contacts over to Mailerlite after Mailerlite support performed a couple of API changes on their end.

Additionally, please check if all of your HubSpot contacts have the "Name" and "Last Name" properties filled out. We've noticed several cases where the sync would fail if the contact's last name or name were missing. Mailerlite made those fields required because they're used for email personalization. 

Regarding Mailerlite Data Sync not segmenting contacts into groups after they're synced from HubSpot to Mailerlite - this is expected behavior. Data Sync doesn't have the ability to sync contacts to a specific folder or group in Mailerlite - the Groups filter rule you can choose during the sync setup only applies to the sync from Mailerlite to HubSpot and not vice versa: Data Sync will only sync subscribers from the specified Mailerlite Group to HubSpot, but it won't sync HubSpot contacts to that Group in Mailerlite - the synced contacts will appear in the default subscribers list. 

I hope this information helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

smartronics
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi Pam, ok thanks, I will follow your advice and try it.

Thanks a lot

0 Upvotes