Sales Integrations

WPDownUnder

Hubspot Wordpress plugin doesn't work

SOLVE

I’m trying out hubspot and am considering becoming a paid subscriber.

The integration with wordpress is critical for me. If I can’t get the wordpress plugin to work I won’t use hubspot.

I just can’t get it to work.

I get this error no matter what I do:

Sign in to use plugin tools

This website is connected to Hubspot but you need to be signed in to use the plugin tools.

Account Name: Redacted

Domain: Redacted

Account ID: Redacted

Sign in | Reset plugin

Obviously I'm signed in.

I've reset the plugin multiple times.

I’ve followed this guide and confirmed I meet the requirements:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/install-the-hubspot-wordpress-plugin

I did some googling and saw some people commented it was related to adblockers. I usually use Edge and Chrome, but installed a fresh version of Firefox without any plugins and it was working for a little while. I was importing contacts and then hit the error in Firefox, so I don’t think it’s related to web browser.

If it's at all relevant, my site is hosted with siteground.

I am on the “GrowBig” managed wordpress hosting plan.

Hosting Plan details here:

SiteGround Web Hosting Plans - Full Feature List

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,

Frustrated Wordpresser from Down Under

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mab0101
Solution

SOLVE

In case anyone else is banging their head against the wall with this problem (like me). It is likely that you are running an ad-blocker or some other third-party cookie buster (again like me). You must DISABLE this for the plug in to display the tools in the WordPress menu.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
mab0101
Solution

SOLVE

In case anyone else is banging their head against the wall with this problem (like me). It is likely that you are running an ad-blocker or some other third-party cookie buster (again like me). You must DISABLE this for the plug in to display the tools in the WordPress menu.

TAdams79
Participant

SOLVE

In my case I had my policies in Edge set to strict. I added an exception to the strict policy and it worked instantly after saving the policy exception.

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing @mab0101!  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

StjepanGrcic
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @WPDownUnder 

If HubSpot WP plugin is not working you can do the workaround. You can put the HubSpot tracking code directly in your website's footer using the WordPress editor. Follow this instructions and you are good.

Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Stjepan

WPDownUnder

SOLVE

I installed two other browsers (Opera and Brave).

I've also tried clearing all the security settings in Firefox and used the lowest security available. Nothing has made a difference.

0 Upvotes
WPDownUnder

SOLVE

Hi @sharonlicari,

Thanks for replying to my post.

I just tried clearing my cache in firefox to the beginning of time. It didn't make a difference.

I've also tried incognito mode in edge, chrome, and firefox and it hasn't made a difference.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers, 

Frustrated Wordpresser from Down Under

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @WPDownUnder 

Welcome to the Community!

The most common cause of the login issue you're seeing is something "stuck" in your browser that is preventing the successful connection. The best first step will be to clear your browser cache and restart your browser.

Please try signing in again in WordPress after clearing your cache and restarting.

If that does not work then the next best step will be to try logging into the plugin in a different browser or incognito window. If there is a cookie issue in your primary browser then this should allow you to log in and complete the connection and when you go back to WordPress in your primary browser the connection should be complete. We want to avoid having you clear your cookies in your primary browser so you don't have to re-login to all your sites.

Please let me know if this works

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes