Hubspot/Slack Integration

NCO
Top Contributor

Hi All,

As it currently stands, the customizability of the Slack integration with Hubspot is somewhat limited to non-enterprise users and notifications that get pushed to the Hubspot app within a Slack workplace are individually based - meaning individual members of my team receive private notifications (ie. contact assigned, mentions, etc.) but the rest of the team cannot see those messages.

While the majority of the messages pushed to the app are user specific and keeping them private makes sense, there are specific notifications that I would love to be visible to my entire team in a channel (specifically sales document views in real time). I've played around with Zapier but the option doesn't exist there.

Has anyone come across a workaround for this?

On a somewhat related note, I'd love to create a similar workflow as it relates to certain contact activity being pushed to a Slack channel. Currently, users can view their activity feed and see who has opened emails in real time, and what email they've looked at. It would be great to notify the team in a public Slack channel when a contact opens up an email that was sent X amount of time ago (if a contact is looking back at an email from 2 weeks ago, there is a reason and alerting my team in real time would be amazing).

Any thoughts here?

I really appreciate any and all feedback.

Best,

Noah

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Community Manager

Hi @NCO,

Thank you for your feedback around the integration. I wanted to tag in a few users who have discussed slack in the past to see if they have any insight. @ChristianSteven@rdolmat do you have any suggestions for @NCO?

If you have functionality requestes @NCO,I would recommend putting them in the ideas forum.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Noah,

For your Docuview problem, I stitched together a workaround like this:

1. Write a workflow with the following conditions:

The contact property Original source data 2 is equal to any of presentationsdocument-share or addViewer.
or
The contact property Recent conversion is equal to Internal - Document Viewer Communication Consent Form.

As the action, send those contacts to a static list.

2. In Zapier, use Hubspot's "New Contact in List" trigger and point it to your static list above. Set the action to be Slack's "New Channel Message" and add the info you want in the message.  Here is mine:

New Document View

Name: {{First Name}}
Email: {{Email}}
Page: {{Recent Conversion}}
Source: {{Original Source Type}}
Source1: {{Original Source Data 1}}
Source2: {{Original Source Data 2}}

I use this 2-step technique to send service notifications, sales notifications, and anything else that teams need to see in channels:  Create a list, either dynamic or static, and then have Zapier suck the info from the contact/deal/etc into the relevant channel for you.

I haven't done anything with your second scenario - the activity feed - but I image you can follow the same principles as above and be able to knock up something that works.

Cheers,

Christian

Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @ChristianSteven!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
NCO
Top Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda ,

Thank you for the response and for looping in some points of contact to help here.

@ChristianSteven 

I appreciate the detailed response and workaround.

As for the two workflow triggers that you mentioned:

1- I'm not seeing the property "Original Source Data 2". This is what I'm seeing under Contact Property and within Original Source, I don't see the option that you mentioned.

Property View.PNG

2 - Under Recent conversion, there is no dropdown select; it's a text box. I've tried inputting exactly what you mentioned although 0 contacts fell into that bucket.

Property View 2.PNG

I'm not sure if I need a specific Hubspot subscription to access those properties (we're on Sales Professional and Marketing Basic/Professional) but can't seem to find them.

The Zapier workflow seems to make sense, assuming I can extract the initial information. Any thoughts here?

I very much appreciate your help.

Best,

Noah

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

1. I don't have the "drill-down" in my list. That's probably because I am a "legacy" client from years ago. But, find a contact whose first interaction was a document view, check through their properties and pick the field that Hubspot automatically fills in, and specify the value that Hubspot entered.

2. Your Hubspot may not use the same wording as mine, so find a contact whose last action was a document view and look through the properties to see if you can identify what field Hubspot uses and the wording it uses.

3.  Using Zapier, you can extract any information that is in the contact's properties and, with some manipulation, you can pull in company info too.  If there is any info that I want Zapier to see and isn't in the contact properties, my trick is to create a field and add/ copy that info into it as an earlier step in the list creation workflow.  That way, by the time Zapier sees the contact the info is already in the contact field. 

Cheers,

Christian

0 Upvotes