Sales Integrations

salesman_beginn

Hubspot Sales Extension for Outlook desktop 2016/WIN 10 Installed but not seen by Outlook

SOLVE

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get Hubspot Sales extension to work with Outlook desktop 2016 in Windows 10 without luck so far.

1.  The extension installs itself successfully alongside Hubspot for Windows
  2.  I have tried all the steps mentionned in the HubSpot Sales not appearing in Outlook inbox official Hubsspot documentation article but they have been of no help
  3. The extension does not appear in Outlook enabled or disabled add-ins list

What might be causing this problem?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
salesman_beginn
Solution

Hubspot Sales Extension for Outlook desktop 2016/WIN 10 Installed but not seen by Outlook

SOLVE

Thanks all for your help. I finally found the culprit.

There are two different installation versions of Outlook Desktop:

1. Microsoft Store version
  2. Click-on-run version

The latter (MS Store) is not compatible with the Hubspot Sales Extension for Outlook Desktop.

MS Office was pre-installed in my notebook and therefore it was the MS Store version.

Problem was solved by uninstalling Office and reinstalling it from the downloadable Office installer from office.com. Now the Hubspot Sales Extension works as expected.

I hope this answer will be helpful to others in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@salesman_beginn  In my experience, the tool is there an not easy to find.  I prefer to work on the Outlook app vs through a browser. I do not like having to check the checkboxes with each email send and the Outlook app does not require it. 

Untitled.png

0 Upvotes
salesman_beginn
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks all for your help. I finally found the culprit.

There are two different installation versions of Outlook Desktop:

1. Microsoft Store version
  2. Click-on-run version

The latter (MS Store) is not compatible with the Hubspot Sales Extension for Outlook Desktop.

MS Office was pre-installed in my notebook and therefore it was the MS Store version.

Problem was solved by uninstalling Office and reinstalling it from the downloadable Office installer from office.com. Now the Hubspot Sales Extension works as expected.

I hope this answer will be helpful to others in the future.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @salesman_beginn,

Can you please try disabling your other plugins to see if there are any that are conflicting: 

1. Go to File > Options > Add-ins and click GO at the bottom of the screen
  2. Uncheck the boxes next to the other plugins and click OK
  3. See if HubSpot enables and works
  4. If it does, re-enable each plugin one-by-one to see which one is conflicting.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes