HubSpot and Salesforce Sync stops

Seanos

Hi All

Have installed the salesforce app to sync contacts and accounts across, configured the field mapping for accounts, contacts and activities and started the sync.

Its syced across around 10 account and 20 contacts and just stopped. No Sync errors, it just isnt syncing.

Have tried turning the sync on and off but to no avail.

Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers.

Sean

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
bradmin
Key Advisor

Hi, @Seanos. The default behavior, once the connector has been installed, is that changes to mapped properties or activities trigger a sync. Go to your mappings pages, confirm you've got standard and custom mappings set up for your standard and custom Salesforce fields, then try changing a value to a mapped property on some contact who's syncing. (If you're making changes in HubSpot, this should take a couple of minutes; if in Salesforce, it could take up to 15 minutes.)

If you don't see mappings on your mappings pages, something may have gone wrong on setup, and HubSpot Support would be able to assist.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
Seanos

Hi Brad

The issue is I have around 2000+ companies and over 2000+ contacts in Hubspot.

It has only synced over around 20 of each. The only way to get them to sync seems to be to go in each one and click on 'sync' surely this cant be right?

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

If you don't select the option to automatically import or sync all records when you set up the connector, then it will only poll for new changes, going forward. 

Go to the Contacts home in HubSpot, then click the Import button. Start an import, and select Salesforce from the menu. You'll have the ability to import Salesforce records into HubSpot, either by object, or by campaign (if you want to be more selective about the Salesforce records which are imported, throw them into a placeholder campaign first, then import that). 

Once your Salesforce records are imported, you'll be up to date, and the connector will continue syncing net-new changes to mapped properties or activities from either side. 

0 Upvotes
Seanos

HI Brad

I'm trying to sync records from Hubspot to Salesforce though not the other way around as all of the reocrds are in hubspot. Is there no way to kick this off?

Cheers

Sean.

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

Once the connector is set up, any changes to mapped properties or activities, on either side, triggers a sync. Can you test by updating any HubSpot contact, syncing with Salesforce, by updating any mapped property on the HubSpot side? That update should get to Salesforce within a few minutes.

0 Upvotes
Seanos

Hi Brad. Not sure we're on the same page here.

Yes, the sync is active. If i go in and add a task to a contact then it syncs to Salesforce.

The problem is that ater installing the connector it only synced around 20 or so contacts in that batch and then stopped instead of performing an initial sync of all of my contacts, around 5000 now. Surely I cant be expected to go into each one and manually sync these to salesforce? Is there no way of kicking off this sync to sync ALL contacts and companies to Salesforce??

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

The connector doesn't perform an initial sync of all contacts, after install. If you're looking to get Salesforce records into HubSpot, use the import options I described. If you want your HubSpot records to be created (or matched to existing ones, if an exact match on email) in Salesforce, create a list of anyone you want in Salesforce, then from the list options, choose "Resync this list with Salesforce".

The defaults are that all records with a non-Subscriber lifecycle stage are eligible to sync, unless you have an inclusion list. Before syncing a large number of contacts, check to ensure you have enough API calls in Salesforce to spare. 

0 Upvotes