Sales Integrations

carler
メンバー

HubSpot-Salesforce integration

解決

Hi

One of our customers suggests us to integrate HubSpot and Salesforce.
So my question-
1. How to integrate HubSpot and Salesforce?
2. What is the advantages of using SalesForce?

0 いいね!
2件の承認済みベストアンサー
解決策
Anonymous
適用対象外

解決

Hi @carler 

Can you please check this https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/Salesforce-integration/m-p/317699#M3845 Ticket.

Hope you find your solution!

Thanks!

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
StefaniUAT
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Here is how to integrate both systems: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/salesforce/install-the-hubspot-salesforce-integration. We integrated SalesForce to HubSpot for 2 years before stopping the sync completely and moved to only using HubSpot. You have to be very careful with your integration settings and choosing SalesForce information updating HubSpot information and so forth. The data from the two systems never matched and ended up destroying the data integrity for small and unthinkable instances. If I were to do it again, I would have re-created all the processes from SalesForce into HubSpot. I would have only used the sync for a couple of weeks to make sure there were no major issues and then exported all data from SalesForce and uploaded it into HubSpot. 

Once you start the integration, you have to be mindful of processes in SalesForce and how they affect the data in HubSpot. You really need someone who knows your data in SalesForce inside and out or someone who can learn it quickly.

I used SalesForce for a long, miserable year before switching to HubSpot. I would 100% recommend HubSpot over SalesForce. I personally am able to do everything I could in SalesForce with 1/10 the issues. I did a paper for school on the pros and cons of both Salesforce and HubSpot and the main consensus for users was: SalesFore is better for HUGE companies and HubSpot takes longer to learn, yet has more benefits. HubSpot chargers per contact, which SalesForce does not. However, my personal experience: all of the contacts in SalesForce needed custom coding and expensive third parties for basic CRM needs and their customer service was the most frustrating experience. It is laughable now that I do not have to deal with it anymore.

Experience of switching from SalesForce to HubSpot:

I stopped the sync from SalesForce to HubSpot last year. There is a certain cadence in which to do it. (Instructions). I backed up all SalesForce and HubSpot data on the cloud before doing so, in case there were any issues and I needed to import/upsert/restore. Killing the sync did not mess anything up for us with contacts, deals, companies, pipelines, etc. The main issue I encountered was HubSpot deactivating Salesforce only users. However, they send you a list right away so you can re-assign everything before they deactivate the account. (I believe they were deactivated 24-48 hours later) Nothing (like tasks, deals, etc.) deletes, it just becomes unassigned.

However, my best advice is to pause the sync for at least 3 weeks before deleting the sync. I ran into a multitude of issues once pausing the sync and was able to handle them before completely deleting the sync. There were certain overrides and properties being assigned in SalesForce that needed to be recreated in HubSpot. I hope this helps! 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

元の投稿で解決策を見る

13件の返信
NVlahov
参加者

解決

Hi guys,
I've created a HubSpot Custom Object, that I then synced to a Salesforce Custom Object. However, I found it unuseful and hard deleted it from HubSpot. However in the HubSpot to Salesforce integration settings I still find traces of the deleted object. Can this be removed?
Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 14.38.34.png

0 いいね!
MDsa
メンバー

解決

I am trying to Implement hubspot and salesforce Integration. I just want the data to sync from hubspot to salesforce and not bidirectional. What options i have? I have already installed the connector from market place but I dont see an option to turn off the sync from salesforce back to Hubspot. Any suggestion  much appreciated.

0 いいね!
TiphaineCuisset
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @MDsa 

Thank you for reaching out. 

You can decide by following these steps so that nothing is happening in HubSpot with new/updated contacts in Salesforce; then select the sync rule you want by following those steps

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 いいね!
SWdc
メンバー

解決

Can you have two HS to one SF while differentiating which records comes from what HS?

0 いいね!
StefaniUAT
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi @SWdc

From personal experience, I would 100% not recommend it. Integrating two CRMs is difficult enough, let alone three. I can only imagine not only the trouble with data quality/integrity but the troubleshooting... Are you trying to consolidate two HubSpot accounts into one SalesForce accounts?  

HubSpot has complete visibility with property updates, what workflow/integration/etc. caused it, when, etc. within the property history. The last time I used SalesForce, they had nothing of the sort and I spent HOURS going through triggers, process builders, history, reporting, etc. If I could not find what I needed and tried to reach out to their customer service.... well that's a joke.

My apologies for being so negative but as a CRM administrator with zero prior knowledge years ago and now having held both (general) HubSpot Champion and HubSpot Community Champion certificates.... SalesForce is the worst business decision you can make unless you have an insane amount of contacts or a serious budget restriction (We invested thousands of dollars in SF each month for work that I can do for free in HubSpot with no developer/programming knowledge). As a cybersecurity/IT graduate student and CRM administrator, I have done extensive research and have experience in the implementation/syncing/admin of both CRMs. If you email me at sjohnson@uat.edu with an NDA + critical business objectives/processes (included in BIA that is included in many required/requested Cybersecurity documentation), I would be happy to explain further if/why HubSpot is a much better business decision for your organization. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
SWdc
メンバー

解決

Thanks, Indeed Sf is a bit complex and  I administer it.  I will email you...

0 いいね!
Christin_Woelk
参加者

解決

Hi Stefani,

is it correct that you can only integrate HubSpot CRM into Salesforce when you have the paid plan? It is not possible with the free of charge HubSpot CRM tool is it? We need a temporary solution for our sales reps, we are getting onboarded to Salesforce but only slowly and step by step. Unfortunately, our sales team will not have it this year so I am searching for alternatives they can use until SF is ready.

Thanks,

Christin

0 いいね!
StefaniUAT
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi @Christin_Woelk,

It looks like you do indeed have to have one of the Professional paid plans to use the Sales Force & HubSpot integration. It is possible for you to use the free version and then buy a paid plan when you are fully onboarded, or use the free version and then export information from HubSpot into Sales Force when onboarded.

May I ask why your organization chose Sales Force over the paid HubSpot platform? I have used both and Sales Force was the worst mistake I ever experienced. I would be happy to give you more information on my personal experience and pros and cons of both if you would like. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Christin_Woelk
参加者

解決

Hey Stefani,

Thanks so much for your quick response! And yes, that's what I thought when I read all information about the integration. Also, thanks a lot for your offer to give me more info on your personal experience 🙂  The thing is I just started in a new company on April 1st and they are already implementing Salesforce, so I did not have any chance to influence the decision process...

0 いいね!
StefaniUAT
キーアドバイザー

解決

@Christin_Woelk, I tottaly understand that! 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Anastasiia_dy
トップ投稿者 | Elite Partner
トップ投稿者 | Elite Partner

解決

Hi there! 

I guess you've solved your problem already, but if someone needs some additional information you can read this article or visit this page.

I hope, my answer will help.

All the best!

0 いいね!
StefaniUAT
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Here is how to integrate both systems: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/salesforce/install-the-hubspot-salesforce-integration. We integrated SalesForce to HubSpot for 2 years before stopping the sync completely and moved to only using HubSpot. You have to be very careful with your integration settings and choosing SalesForce information updating HubSpot information and so forth. The data from the two systems never matched and ended up destroying the data integrity for small and unthinkable instances. If I were to do it again, I would have re-created all the processes from SalesForce into HubSpot. I would have only used the sync for a couple of weeks to make sure there were no major issues and then exported all data from SalesForce and uploaded it into HubSpot. 

Once you start the integration, you have to be mindful of processes in SalesForce and how they affect the data in HubSpot. You really need someone who knows your data in SalesForce inside and out or someone who can learn it quickly.

I used SalesForce for a long, miserable year before switching to HubSpot. I would 100% recommend HubSpot over SalesForce. I personally am able to do everything I could in SalesForce with 1/10 the issues. I did a paper for school on the pros and cons of both Salesforce and HubSpot and the main consensus for users was: SalesFore is better for HUGE companies and HubSpot takes longer to learn, yet has more benefits. HubSpot chargers per contact, which SalesForce does not. However, my personal experience: all of the contacts in SalesForce needed custom coding and expensive third parties for basic CRM needs and their customer service was the most frustrating experience. It is laughable now that I do not have to deal with it anymore.

Experience of switching from SalesForce to HubSpot:

I stopped the sync from SalesForce to HubSpot last year. There is a certain cadence in which to do it. (Instructions). I backed up all SalesForce and HubSpot data on the cloud before doing so, in case there were any issues and I needed to import/upsert/restore. Killing the sync did not mess anything up for us with contacts, deals, companies, pipelines, etc. The main issue I encountered was HubSpot deactivating Salesforce only users. However, they send you a list right away so you can re-assign everything before they deactivate the account. (I believe they were deactivated 24-48 hours later) Nothing (like tasks, deals, etc.) deletes, it just becomes unassigned.

However, my best advice is to pause the sync for at least 3 weeks before deleting the sync. I ran into a multitude of issues once pausing the sync and was able to handle them before completely deleting the sync. There were certain overrides and properties being assigned in SalesForce that needed to be recreated in HubSpot. I hope this helps! 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
解決策
Anonymous
適用対象外

解決

Hi @carler 

Can you please check this https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/Salesforce-integration/m-p/317699#M3845 Ticket.

Hope you find your solution!

Thanks!

0 いいね!