Sales Integrations

johnelmer
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Elite

HubSpot Portal to HubSpot Portal Data Migration

Résolue

This post addresses the HubSpot to HubSpot Portal Migrator  that is available in the HubSpot App Marketplace.

This data migration tool automates to process of migrating data from one HubSpot portal to another.  The app uses HubSpot APIs to automatically migrate CRM data from one HubSpot portal to another HubSpot portal.

This automated app is ready to migrate your data with no field mapping required. There is no need to manually create properties. The HubSpot to HubSpot Migrator automatically takes care of everything required for moving your HubSpot data from one portal to another.

This application migrates the following HubSpot data from one HubSpot portal into another:

• Contacts
  • Companies
  • Contact Lists
  • Company Properties
  • Contact Properties
  • Custom Properties for all Objects
  • Deals
  • Deal Pipelines
  • Engagements (Meetings, Tasks, Notes, Calls, Emails)
  • Owners
  • Line Items/Products
  • Tickets
  • Files/Attachments
  • CRM Associations between all records

The HubSpot to HubSpot Migrator is designed to update the data in the destination portal. This eliminates duplicate contacts and minimizes duplicate data. Properties can be filtered prior to running the migration.

Use the Migrator to:
- Move data from an existing HubSpot portal to a new one
- Combines two existing portals into one
- Consolidate multiple portals

- Migrate data into a developer portal for testing purposes

This app does not migrate forms, landing pages, blog posts, templates or other digital assets.  If you need to migrate custom objecs and associated data, we can provide that as a manual add-on.

The Bayard Bradford team looks forward to your questions!

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
2 Solutions acceptées
johnelmer
Solution

Résolue

@amandafann Unfortunately, the HubSpot to HubSpot Migrator  does not allow filtering or customization. This app is a fully-automated, low-cost self-service migration solution.  You can use one of the custom migration providers if you want to selectively migrate data, but the cost is likely to be much higher.

Regarding a test migration, we suggest setting up a free developer portal and running the migrator.  However, this can't be done for just for a small sample of data.  Again, to keep the cost lost, the app is built to run complete migrations automatically.   If you will DM me, we can discuss pricing for first running a migration on a dev portal, then repeating the migration to your production portal after you validate the results of the first migration.

You should look into the HubSpot Portal Replicator for a way to selectively migrate pipelines, forms, lists, workflows. These assets are not migrated by our portal migrator app.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
> Follow me on LinkedIn

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

johnelmer
Solution

Résolue

@ameyersohn Here is a link

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

19 Réponses
MStreib5
Contributeur

Résolue

Hi @johnelmer 
Been going through all your posts here and the detailed documentation in support section of your website.  This migration tool looks like a solution to our current situation but would like to be certain before we proceed with purchase.  I'm preparing to email some details and a few questions to your support email distribution list and wanted to ask if you're on that list? 

Is there a better way to direct connect with you?  

Thanks,

Mike

0 Votes
johnelmer

Résolue

@MStreib5 you can DM me here, or connect on LinkedIn. I will DM you my email address.  Thank you!

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
LSilvaVillanu
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi @johnelmer! I´m working with a customer that is willing to transfer a few contacts to a new HubSpot portal. I want to make clear some things:

1.  Is it possible to filter contacts that are going to be migrated or the whole account will migrate to the new portal?

2. Are the migrated contacts “deleted” from the source portal?

3. Which portal will require the integration? The target or the source portal?

0 Votes
johnelmer

Résolue

UPDATE: The HubSpot Portal to Portal Migrator App has been expanded to include filtering! 

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Votes
johnelmer

Résolue

@LSilvaVillanu Unfortunately it is not possible to filter contacts during the migration process. The whole account automatically migrates to the new portal.  Nothing is changed in the source portal.  

This link takes you to a page that explains exactly how the migration process works.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Votes
MarlijndeGorter
Participant | Partenaire solutions Elite
Participant | Partenaire solutions Elite

Résolue

Hi @johnelmer, just to confirm Silva Villanu's question: will data be deleted in the source portal with the use of the migration tool or will the data be copied from the source portal to the target portal? 

In our case we need to keep all the data in de source portal and copy it to the target portal. 

I see you're comment 'Nothing is changed in the source portal', however I wanted to make sure no data will be lost within the source portal with the use of the HubSpot to HubSpot migration tool. 

0 Votes
johnelmer

Résolue

Hi @MarlijndeGorter ! The HubSpot to HubSpot Migrator app does not delete data in the source portal. The Migrator app doesn't just copy data over.  It performs updates to the destination portal so that it does not create duplicate contacts (and minimizes the amount of duplicate data elsewhere).

Please be aware that the Migrator app is available in Lite and Pro editions.  Both editions enable a user to perform a self-service data migration from a source portal to a destination portal.

The Lite edition automatically migrates the following schemas and data with no mapping, filtering, or configuration:

• Contacts
  • Companies
  • Contact Lists
  • Custom Properties for all Objects
  • Deals
  • Deal Pipelines
  • Line Items/Products
  • Engagements (Meetings, Tasks, Notes, Calls, Emails, SMS, Postal Mail)
  • Owners/Users
  • Tickets
  • Ticket Pipelines
  • Files/Attachments
  • Folders
  • Associations between all records

The Pro version of the Migrator app enables an advanced migration, which migrates everything in the Lite edition plus:.

• A fully customizable migration schema.
  • Business Units filtering and assignment.
  • Deal Pipeline selection and filtering.
  • Custom Objects data and schema migration

You can learn more about how the HubSpot to HubSpot Migrator App works by reading this documentation page.

For teams that prefer to work with a HubSpot Solutions Partner to do their portal migration, that service is available here.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
LSilvaVillanu
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Résolue

Hi John! Many thanks for your response:). Just a quick one, this customer paid for this app before but is linked to their source account, in order to transfer from the source to a target account, the integration should be integrated to the target account as well? 

0 Votes
johnelmer

Résolue

@LSilvaVillanu Please submit a support ticket here that explains the situation.  Provide as much information as possible. The portal migrator is a one-time use service, not an ongoing subscription. 

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
SpragueKC
Participant

Résolue

Thanks for this info! I am in the early stages of figuring out what we need to do to merge portals. We are excited that Brayard can directly import contacts, lists and properites, but we need more clarification around what the capabilities are for marketing emails (NOT sales/sequences). Questions for you:

1) What can be transferred over from our marketing emails? 

2) Can we transport over sent emails with their historic data? 

3) Can we transport over templates/content of the emails? Or must we create everything anew? I am nervous that we will have no way to access the content of our previous emails, and that it is going to be a manual screen shot project. Let me know if you all can do anything here. Thanks!

0 Votes
johnelmer

Résolue

@SpragueKC Here is a link to the support documentation for the HubSpot to HubSpot Portal Migrator.  

Due to API rate limits imposed by HubSpot, the tool cannot migrate Marketing emails (as in email campaigns). One to one emails are imported.  Digital / creative assets such as templates are not migrated by this tool.  

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Votes
SpragueKC
Participant

Résolue
Thank you! Can you confirm what the difference is between an email campaign and one to one email?
0 Votes
ameyersohn
Membre

Résolue

Hi John,

Does it include Marketing Workflows, Landing pages, Blogs,  ? 

Thanks

0 Votes
johnelmer

Résolue

@ameyersohn  The service does not migrate marketing assets such as blog posts and landing pages. There is, however, another migration tool in the App Marketplace that migrates workflows and forms.

Here is another thread in the forum with more background on portal to portal migrations.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
ameyersohn
Membre

Résolue

Thank you for the tip. May I ask you which one ? there so many .....

0 Votes
johnelmer
Solution

Résolue

@ameyersohn Here is a link

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
amandafann
Contributeur

Résolue

Thanks for sharing @johnelmer, this looks like a great solution for anyone trying to merge portals.  Does the Hubspot to Hubspot Migrator offer a way to filter/specificy which data is migrated, or exclude certain data, if you don't want everything going over to the new portal?  Does it also offer a way to test the migrator on a small sample of data first, to be sure everything is migrating as expected before turning on for the entire portal? 

Also wondering if you or anyone in the Community have any suggestions for bringing reports, dashboard, and workflows over from one portal to another? Is the only option to manually rebuild in the new portal? 

TY in advance! 

0 Votes
johnelmer
Solution

Résolue

@amandafann Unfortunately, the HubSpot to HubSpot Migrator  does not allow filtering or customization. This app is a fully-automated, low-cost self-service migration solution.  You can use one of the custom migration providers if you want to selectively migrate data, but the cost is likely to be much higher.

Regarding a test migration, we suggest setting up a free developer portal and running the migrator.  However, this can't be done for just for a small sample of data.  Again, to keep the cost lost, the app is built to run complete migrations automatically.   If you will DM me, we can discuss pricing for first running a migration on a dev portal, then repeating the migration to your production portal after you validate the results of the first migration.

You should look into the HubSpot Portal Replicator for a way to selectively migrate pipelines, forms, lists, workflows. These assets are not migrated by our portal migrator app.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
sharonlicari
Gestionnaire de communauté
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Thank you for sharing this @johnelmer 🙂

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !