Sales Integrations

keithplunkett
Participant

Hub/SF integration Issue

SOLVE

Hi guys, I've completed the integration with SF.

However in my lead object, the ability to create a task/record a call to  a lead is now removed.

I had a similar issue with the Linkedin Sales Navigato integration, but just re set the record type in task to "Master".

When i check this field, the record type is still set to master.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Keith 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Hub/SF integration Issue

SOLVE

Hi, @keithplunkett. Even with record types enabled, the integration should still be able to write tasks. Can you confirm you have tasks set up to sync? Go to https://app.hubspot.com/integrations-settings/[YOUR_PORTAL_ID]/installed/salesforce/timeline, and ensure there's at least one task type configured to sync. The Salesforce Task Type picklist is not required as part of this process; it's fine whether a value exists there or not. 

If any number of tasks are already configured to sync, there could be issues with the integration user's permissions. The integration user is the Salesforce user whose credentials are stored in-app in HubSpot to make the integration work. If the integration user can't see or do something, HubSpot won't be able to see or do something. As a best practice, the integration user should have full CRUD permissions and visibility on all fields on objects the connector talks to (leads, contacts, accounts, opportunities, tasks, campaigns, and campaign members).

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

Hub/SF integration Issue

SOLVE

Hi, @keithplunkett. Even with record types enabled, the integration should still be able to write tasks. Can you confirm you have tasks set up to sync? Go to https://app.hubspot.com/integrations-settings/[YOUR_PORTAL_ID]/installed/salesforce/timeline, and ensure there's at least one task type configured to sync. The Salesforce Task Type picklist is not required as part of this process; it's fine whether a value exists there or not. 

If any number of tasks are already configured to sync, there could be issues with the integration user's permissions. The integration user is the Salesforce user whose credentials are stored in-app in HubSpot to make the integration work. If the integration user can't see or do something, HubSpot won't be able to see or do something. As a best practice, the integration user should have full CRUD permissions and visibility on all fields on objects the connector talks to (leads, contacts, accounts, opportunities, tasks, campaigns, and campaign members).

0 Upvotes
keithplunkett
Participant

Hub/SF integration Issue

SOLVE

Hi bradmin, thanks for your reply.

I want my inside sales team to be able to log tasks on the SF record (so it will alert them to follow up with a call/email etc). 

Keith 

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

Hub/SF integration Issue

SOLVE

Yep, that use case makes sense. In order to accomplish that, task sync has to be enabled, and the integration user has to have permissions to write tasks to Salesforce. Are both those conditions satisfied? 

0 Upvotes
keithplunkett
Participant

Hub/SF integration Issue

SOLVE

Hi Bradmin, I've followed the instructions on the timeline sync, I've attached what I'm seeing in SF, so it looks to be set up correct but i still cant see those 2 items. SFhubspot.PNG

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

Hub/SF integration Issue

SOLVE

That's the task layout screen in Salesforce. That won't come into play for what we want to test. Go to that link I provided in my original reply, and substitue your portal ID in the URL. You should see something like this on the Timeline Sync tab:

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 12.30.15 PM.png

If there's at least one checkbox selected here, then you have task sync enabled AND are syncing HubSpot tasks to go to Salesforce. Once enabled, any kind of resync of a record would get the corresponding tasks onto the syncing lead or contact in Salesforce. 

That's the first part of the equation. If that setting is configured to sync, and you're still not seeing tasks in Salesforce, that could be something permissions-based in Salesforce. 

To troubleshoot that, find the Salesforce user whose credentials are stored in HubSpot for the integration. That's the integration user. In Salesforce, find that user's record, and click the value in the Profile field. Salesforce profiles are where read/write permissions are established, on an object-by-object basis. 

From the integration user's profile, click into Object Settings, and select Tasks. You should see something like the following:

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 12.34.20 PM.png

If your tasks use record types, you'll want to make sure the desired record type is selected, and/or assigned as default. These represent the record types of tasks the connector will create in Salesforce. You'll also want to ensure all fields in the Field Permissions section have both read and edit access (again, this is a best practice for the integration user, on all objects the connector talks to).

If this is configured correctly, it's possible there may be some other automation or integrations interfering with this somehow. You may want to run a report on all tasks the integration user has created today. Maybe there are tasks being written to Salesforce, but aren't being associated with the intended lead or contact. I'm uncertain of how to proceed from there, but these checks should ensure tasks are successfully writing from HubSpot to Salesforce. 

0 Upvotes
keithplunkett
Participant

Hub/SF integration Issue

SOLVE

Thanks @bradmin  I've got my tasks back in SF, but in timeline sync, this is what i see, which is why I posted the image, as I was looking at the link below. 

Everything else seems to be working ok, as in Hubspot is creating a new lead in SF.

Problem getting task info from Salesforce

We're having trouble getting task types info from Salesforce, which prevents setting up activity and task sync. This could be because your Salesforce account doesn't have permission to read the Type field 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/salesforce/how-do-i-fix-the-salesforce-integratio...

If you prefer, you can continue connecting Salesforce and update these settings later.

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

Hub/SF integration Issue

SOLVE

Sorry, I don't see a screen shot on your last post. 

You're saying that when new type values are added in Salesforce, they're not visible in HubSpot? Those should be visible by default, unless there's configuration with permissions on the Salesforce side which would prevent the integration user from seeing them.

That's what that help article is speaking to, and based on what you've described, it sounds like that could be the culprit here. 

Can you check the field-level security on the integration user's profile in Salesforce, and confirm all fields are visible and writeable? If not, that could explain what you're seeing.

0 Upvotes
keithplunkett
Participant

Hub/SF integration Issue

SOLVE

Hi @bradmin  so i've resolved the initial issues and the tasks are appearing back in salesforce.

My issue now is that on the image you posted on the timeline sync, I have this error message

Problem getting task info from Salesforce

We're having trouble getting task types info from Salesforce, which prevents setting up activity and task sync. This could be because your Salesforce account doesn't have permission to read the Type field 

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

Hub/SF integration Issue

SOLVE

Either you haven't flipped on the switch from the Timeline Sync page in HubSpot which allows Salesforce tasks to be imported into HubSpot, or it's some of the permissions-related reasons I've listed before.

If the switch is flipped on in your portal, can you confirm the integration user's profile has full read/write permissions on tasks, with all fields visible and writeable?

0 Upvotes
keithplunkett
Participant

Hub/SF integration Issue

SOLVE

@bradmin  sorry for the delay, I got this resolved in the end by creating a global action. 

Appreciate all your help, Hubspot is very new to me so no doubt i will be back here frequently Smiley LOL

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

Hub/SF integration Issue

SOLVE

Glad you got it resolved, @keithplunkett, and good luck to you on your integration. Sounds like you may have some advanced use cases lined up. In general, given HubSpot's limited schema (compared to Salesforce, anyway, where it's virtually unlimited), most complex cases usually involve doing the manipulation you're looking for in Salesforce, putting things the connector can't see into places it can, then syncing the necessary changes to HubSpot.