Sales Integrations

smodhej

How to sync companies to Freshbooks

SOLVE
Hi
I am trying to integrate my customers to Freshbooks for invoicing but only my contacts can be added and I can't sync companies to Freshbooks. Is there any way to add them as well?
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: I can't sync companies to Freshbooks.

Short A: Correct. The Freshbooks-HubSpot integration doesn't sync companies. Just contacts.

Longer A:

No built-in option to sync companies between HubSpot and FreshBooks. In fact, there isn't even a place in FreshBooks to store a 'company' unless you have contact info (i.e., name, email address, etc.) for a contact there.

In addition to using FreshBooks for years we've done a few of these integrations. Email tracking is an added advantage of using HubSpot to follow-up invoicing.

Here's a list of the custom contact properties we typically add in HubSpot to support follow-up emails. We've also included the Zapier layout we use on top of the native integration to 'push' these custom contact properties from FreshBooks-to-HubSpot.

(see image)

zapier-PUSH-MFJLabs-Freshbooks-Invoice-Update-to-HubSpot-CRM.png

Happy to help. However, the award-winning FreshBooks support guys are hands down the best support organization we've dealt with in years.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19
JacobM

SOLVE

BTW, you can also use Skyvia to synchronize Сompanies (and any other tables) to your Freshbooks. All you need is to map the right columns.

Mawghan
Participant

SOLVE

We have built a 2 way sync between HubSpot & Freshbooks that could help your usecase. Have you already seen this on www.piesync.com?

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: I can't sync companies to Freshbooks.

Short A: Correct. The Freshbooks-HubSpot integration doesn't sync companies. Just contacts.

Longer A:

No built-in option to sync companies between HubSpot and FreshBooks. In fact, there isn't even a place in FreshBooks to store a 'company' unless you have contact info (i.e., name, email address, etc.) for a contact there.

In addition to using FreshBooks for years we've done a few of these integrations. Email tracking is an added advantage of using HubSpot to follow-up invoicing.

Here's a list of the custom contact properties we typically add in HubSpot to support follow-up emails. We've also included the Zapier layout we use on top of the native integration to 'push' these custom contact properties from FreshBooks-to-HubSpot.

(see image)

zapier-PUSH-MFJLabs-Freshbooks-Invoice-Update-to-HubSpot-CRM.png

Happy to help. However, the award-winning FreshBooks support guys are hands down the best support organization we've dealt with in years.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
smodhej

SOLVE

Hi Frank

Thanks for your respond. You mean I need to have Zapier as well to make a perfect sync between Hubspot and Freshbooks. As I can see in this situation, my invoice in Freshbooks just includes the contact name and email address. Even it can't add phone number and address to the invoice. So There would be no point to use Freshbooks because I need to enter every thing manually. Do you know any other integration which can make complete invoice for my contacts on Hubspot?

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

The FreshBooks HubSpot Zapier integration allows a long list of FreshBooks fields to be populated (including all of those you've cited).

(see image)

zapier-freshbooks-fields-01.png

Here are a few of our favorite HubSpot-to-Zapier triggers.

(see image)

mfjlabs-hubspot-freshbooks-integration-favorite-zapier-triggers-and-actions-v01.png

Here are the links to the Zapier integration pages ...

- Zapier HubSpot-to-FreshBooks New

- Zapier HubSpot-to-Freshbooks Classic

Hope that helps. Good luck with your project.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
selism

SOLVE

Hi Frank,

Are there more options for Triggers and synced fields für freshbooks classic than for freshbooks new?

Do you know a way to convert import the list of products that are picked in the Hubspot quote to freshbooks? We usually have a long list of products on our quotes which we would need to create a second time for the invoice in freshbooks. Can you help?

Thanks!!

Mete

0 Upvotes
darynsmith
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi,

We're busy developing an integration between HubSpot and Xero at the moment - once a deal reaches a specific deal stage, we automatically create an invoice in Xero and send it.

If this works for you - we can chat further daryn.smith@mpull.com

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
smodhej

SOLVE

Hi Daryn

At the moment is this option available on Xero to make a quote or invoice automatically when the deal on Hubspot reaches to a specific stage? I already connected Xero to Hubspot through Zapier but I can't find any option for deals. I just have access to contact on Hubspot at the moment.

0 Upvotes
darynsmith

SOLVE

Hi,

That option is not available in Zapier - we have custom created it for a particular customer. If you would like, we can setup a quick Zoom call and we can show you what we have done? Just send me your availability to daryn.smith@mpull.com

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
0 Upvotes
smodhej

SOLVE

Hi Daryn

Thanks for your respond. How is going to be the invoice? does it include contact details or company or both? because I am looking for an integration to add most information from Hubspot to my invoice so it would save my time a lot.

0 Upvotes
darynsmith

SOLVE

We are using the HubSpot API and Xero API - so we are creating the company and contact using all the fields in HubSpot, and then we have also created a custom field in HubSpot fo the invoice description, currency and using the deal amount to create the invoice. 

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
0 Upvotes
smodhej

SOLVE

Actually I can't find Xero on Hubspot. Could you tell me how I can connect it to my CRM?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Mawghan
Participant

SOLVE

@smodhej we also provide a real time 2 way contact sync between Xero & HubSpot at www.piesync.com. Here is the Xero video so you have a look at how the integration works. 

0 Upvotes
darynsmith

SOLVE

Xero is not part of the HubSpot Connect program yet (although they are working on it).

The integrations we have been doing, have all been custom - using the API's.

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
0 Upvotes
smodhej

SOLVE

So it seems there is no way to make automatic invoice on Hubsopt at the moment? Any other idea?

0 Upvotes
darynsmith

SOLVE

I'm not aware of any integration that automatically creates an invoice without writing any code.

Using the HubSpot Products tool, you are able to create a quote and then use Stripe to accept payments. Would that work for you?

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
0 Upvotes
smodhej

SOLVE

Actually I found an integration which called Paycove and it was fantastic. But at the moment there is an error so I can't connect and refresh my customers on it. I asked them to sort it out but I haven't received any solution until now

0 Upvotes
selism

SOLVE

Hi!

I also found paycove. Seems to be a good solution for Hubspots missing Invoice feature. Does it work without errors now?

However, it does not provide any financial reporting tools, like freshbooks does, right?

0 Upvotes
smodhej

SOLVE

Hi Daryn

0 Upvotes