Sales Integrations

Chris_Lrnt
Participant

How do I create an additional action button in Contact view, on the left pane

SOLVE

Hi there,

I 'm a newbie and love using Hubspot. I've used and configured SalesForce and PieDrive dbases before and so I'm in relatively familiar territory though. However, I can't seem to be able to change or rather add an action button to the left pane in the contact section. Right now, there are 6 buttons there, starting with "note" and finishing with "meet". I'd like to add one such as "whatsapp" to immediately open whatsapp and send a whatsapp message to a contact. How do I do that?

Cheers!

Chris

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure those properties are editable. However, we use SalesMsg, which is like WhatsApp, and I have created a couple of workarounds to make texting easy. We will use TXT in place of WhatsApp/SalesMSG.

1. We have the TXT/HubSpot integration, which has an option to send an automated text via workflow. I have workflows set up to send an automated text message with the TXT option when they meet certain criteria. For example, we send automated texts to new Facebook Inquiries a day after creation if we have not gotten ahold of them via regular phone calls.

2. Some apps have TXT options that pop-up on the contact records pipeline for easy text messaging. It looks like the WhatsApp/ HubSpot has this option. It should be on the right-hand side. You can set up a workflow to create a task to remains you send a personalized text to a new contact if you do not want automated tasks. However, I have noticed automated texts to be useful at first, until the potential customer replies and is interested. You can save LOTS of time on inquiries that never respond. Please keep in mind that having the WhatsApp/TXTing option on the right side of the contact record is not as convenient as the top left like "log a call", etc. However, this is a huge advancement for the third party company integrations. Being able to send a text via two clicks or automated via workflow is huge!!

3. A mixture of the top 2 above... You can create custom single checkbox properties like "Send TXT Hello, What Questions can I answer today?", or "Send TXT I saw you were interested in XYZ, do you have any questions?" and add them to the top of your about section. You can create custom properties, then workflows to send automated texts based on what you think would be best once seeing their profile. 

I hope this helped. Feel free to respond with any questions or for further explanation on any of it. We live in a generation where our greatest response is through texts, so it is important to make your efforts match what is wanted/needed for your potential customers!

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure those properties are editable. However, we use SalesMsg, which is like WhatsApp, and I have created a couple of workarounds to make texting easy. We will use TXT in place of WhatsApp/SalesMSG.

1. We have the TXT/HubSpot integration, which has an option to send an automated text via workflow. I have workflows set up to send an automated text message with the TXT option when they meet certain criteria. For example, we send automated texts to new Facebook Inquiries a day after creation if we have not gotten ahold of them via regular phone calls.

2. Some apps have TXT options that pop-up on the contact records pipeline for easy text messaging. It looks like the WhatsApp/ HubSpot has this option. It should be on the right-hand side. You can set up a workflow to create a task to remains you send a personalized text to a new contact if you do not want automated tasks. However, I have noticed automated texts to be useful at first, until the potential customer replies and is interested. You can save LOTS of time on inquiries that never respond. Please keep in mind that having the WhatsApp/TXTing option on the right side of the contact record is not as convenient as the top left like "log a call", etc. However, this is a huge advancement for the third party company integrations. Being able to send a text via two clicks or automated via workflow is huge!!

3. A mixture of the top 2 above... You can create custom single checkbox properties like "Send TXT Hello, What Questions can I answer today?", or "Send TXT I saw you were interested in XYZ, do you have any questions?" and add them to the top of your about section. You can create custom properties, then workflows to send automated texts based on what you think would be best once seeing their profile. 

I hope this helped. Feel free to respond with any questions or for further explanation on any of it. We live in a generation where our greatest response is through texts, so it is important to make your efforts match what is wanted/needed for your potential customers!

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect