Sales Integrations

DarinSpence
Miembro

How do I consolidate Duplicate Columns for HubSpot Type and Salesforce Account Type

resolver

I am syncing HubSpot with Salesforce and noticed there are two fields doing the same thing:

1) HubSpot Type

2) Salesforce Account Type

I would like to map HubSpot Type to Salesforce Account Type, 
then delete the Salesforce Accoun Type field in HubSpot.  

When I look at the Sales Force Field Mappings , I do not see a way to map Type to Account Type without a custom mapping. 

Is it required that I have both Type and Account Type fields in HubSpot?HubSpot Type and Salesforce Account Type.jpg

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

How do I consolidate Duplicate Columns for HubSpot Type and Salesforce Account Type

resolver

Hi @DarinSpence 

There is no universal requirement to have both Type and Account Type in either system, or mapped. Almost anything is possible with Salesforce configruation however so I can't speak for your specific implementation. 

Assuming there is no requirement, you should be able to go ahead and decide which HubSpot property you want mapped to which Salesforce property and go ahead and create that custom mapping. 

Data formats obviouslty have to match and if either property is a picklist, both systems need to have the same set of values. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Hi @DarinSpence 

There is no universal requirement to have both Type and Account Type in either system, or mapped. Almost anything is possible with Salesforce configruation however so I can't speak for your specific implementation. 

Assuming there is no requirement, you should be able to go ahead and decide which HubSpot property you want mapped to which Salesforce property and go ahead and create that custom mapping. 

Data formats obviouslty have to match and if either property is a picklist, both systems need to have the same set of values. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Me gusta
DarinSpence
Miembro

resolver

This is helpful, thank you.

It turns out I had a Custom Field created called "Account Type and had 2 mappings:

1)  Salesforce Account Type = HubSpot Account Type

2)  Salesforce Account Type = Hub Spot Type

After deleting the the HubSpot Custom Field for Account Type, and deleting the first mapping, things are working as expected.

Thank you!

-Darin