Sales Integrations

LPhillips

How customizable is HubSpot in comparison to Salesforce?

SOLVE

Hi HS Community,

My company has been using HubSpot for close to two years.  It works great for our Sales Development team, but it is not a great fit for our Sales team as it sits.  Our industry's sales process is pretty unique and in order for HubSpot to be a good fit, it's going to require a good deal of customization and integrations.  I know that Salesforce is highly customizable and can be built into almost anything. . . I was hoping to hear from some of you on how HubSpot compares in this regard.  Thanks in advance for your time!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

It's a great question @LPhillips. I agree with what @RCoutu & @Jnix284 have both said. And I can tell you that the partner I work for has customized HubSpot that's even surprised HubSpot. I love that HubSpot is powerful and customizable without being clunky. Finding the right folks to help beyond basic customization is important. I think that's the key to your journey. 

Example: You can customize your sale process with multiple pipelines and Deal stages, along with newly customizable lifecycle stages for Contacts, then add custom workflows for behind the scenes automation and follow-up needs/process management. Then if you find the user-friendly customization process just isn't quite enough, there's a solutions partner or maybe freelance HubSpot developer who can help. [Note: I'd probably lean more into a partner because they're more likely to include a strategist with a developer. Not to take away from devs. I just prefer collaboration versus doing exactly what you've asked.]

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

It's a great question @LPhillips. I agree with what @RCoutu & @Jnix284 have both said. And I can tell you that the partner I work for has customized HubSpot that's even surprised HubSpot. I love that HubSpot is powerful and customizable without being clunky. Finding the right folks to help beyond basic customization is important. I think that's the key to your journey. 

Example: You can customize your sale process with multiple pipelines and Deal stages, along with newly customizable lifecycle stages for Contacts, then add custom workflows for behind the scenes automation and follow-up needs/process management. Then if you find the user-friendly customization process just isn't quite enough, there's a solutions partner or maybe freelance HubSpot developer who can help. [Note: I'd probably lean more into a partner because they're more likely to include a strategist with a developer. Not to take away from devs. I just prefer collaboration versus doing exactly what you've asked.]

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
RCoutu
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hello  @LPhillips ,

Because of the nature of your question, I will answer it at a high level.

Without a doubt, HubSpot can adapt to your particular needs. The App Market place has more than 1,200 apps that integrates seamlessly into HubSpot. Auxilio has completed complex mandates and has always been able to find solutions. There are multiple avenues: custom objects, custom code actions, workflows, sequence, HubL, JSON, etc.

For sales people:

The user interface is easier to use, which promotes adoption.

For customer-facing teams:
HubSpot was developed for multiple teams, not just sales: marketing (to attract leads), sales (to engage them) and service (to turn your customers into brand ambassadors who will also recommend your company). In short, HubSpot helps break down the silos between all these teams.

For the technical team:
HubSpot unlike SalesForce was fully developed by... HubSpot. So you have a unified platform, which makes the work of the technical teams much easier and reduces the cost of ownership in the long run.

I'll include some reading here: https://www.hubspot.com/comparisons/salesforce-vs-hubspot?_ga=2.71642708.678908890.1660499600-797070...

Hope this help,

Robert Coutu

HubSpot CRM Consultant Strategist and Business Analyst and RevOps

Meet me

1 438 818 9661 #004

rcoutu@auxilio.io

auxilio.io

linkedin

Read our most recent blog post

How to stop killing your sales performance?

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LPhillips, I would argue HubSpot is more customizable and has more integrations that are easier to use than Salesforce - with that said, some context around what makes your sales process unique and why it doesn't currently work well for your sales team would be very helpful to understand - otherwise those of us in the community aren't able to provide better insights.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin