Sales Integrations

tillyvs21
Participant

Handling leads compared to Salesforce

SOLVE

I previously used Salesforce and found their lead funnel easier to manage than updating lead statuses as you also had a visual kanban. I'm considering using a Lead Pipeline but would this be overkill or it it something that people do?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Ian_Matt
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @tillyvs21 ,

Happy to offer my experience here. To take a step back, the way that I recommend people to track their leads is: 

- Use 'lifecycle stage' to denote if a contact is a generic 'lead', 'MQL', 'SQL'., 'Opportunity' or 'Customer'

- Set up criteria and automation to set contacts to MQL or SQL based on your company's definition of this.

- Once someone has become an SQL use the 'Lead Status' property to track with more granularity what's happening in the process.

- Once your satisfied they are an opportunity use the Deal pipeline to create a deal and track the stages of the sales process that the lead is at. (This will automatically change the lifecycle stage to Opportunity).

In all honesty depending on the complexity of your sales process it can be more streamlined to simply use Lifecycle stages to track the contact's relationship with you then use Deal stages to track the sales process and forget about lead status altogether.

I hope this helps! If so it would be great so consider hitting the 'Accept as a solution option' 🙂

Many thanks,

Ian

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Ian_Matt
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @tillyvs21 ,

Happy to offer my experience here. To take a step back, the way that I recommend people to track their leads is: 

- Use 'lifecycle stage' to denote if a contact is a generic 'lead', 'MQL', 'SQL'., 'Opportunity' or 'Customer'

- Set up criteria and automation to set contacts to MQL or SQL based on your company's definition of this.

- Once someone has become an SQL use the 'Lead Status' property to track with more granularity what's happening in the process.

- Once your satisfied they are an opportunity use the Deal pipeline to create a deal and track the stages of the sales process that the lead is at. (This will automatically change the lifecycle stage to Opportunity).

In all honesty depending on the complexity of your sales process it can be more streamlined to simply use Lifecycle stages to track the contact's relationship with you then use Deal stages to track the sales process and forget about lead status altogether.

I hope this helps! If so it would be great so consider hitting the 'Accept as a solution option' 🙂

Many thanks,

Ian