Sales Integrations

ChrisChiha
Top Contributor

Google sheets x HubSpot integration | Contact ID

SOLVE

Hello,
I am using HubSpot x Google sheets integration.
My google sheet contains contact properties, for contacts that already exist in Hubspot (Contact ID, name, email,...)

Is there a way to update my contacts in HubSpot as per the updates done in the google sheet (Using contactID)
So if the contact with contactID 1234567 in google sheet is updated, the contact with contactID 1234567 will be updated accordingly.

Thanks

I found a way using Zapier to do so, but through email only.
Can it be done through contact ID ? As in our domain, email addresses / phone numbers can't be treated as a unique identifier for a contact

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MandyDROS
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hello @ChrisChiha ! 

Thanks for tagging me @TiphaineCuisset !

This can be done through Zapier.  

You would trigger the Zap when the sheet was updated in whatever column/row, etc. that you would like.

Your first action will be a lookup step and then you will specify which additional properties, outside of the typical identifiers like name, email, and phone, to fetch. 

Once you fetch all of those properties then you can choose to update a contact in the next step and you will be able to dynamically place all of the values that you want to place if the fields for updating were not fetched the first time.

If this does not solve the issue then please send me a Loom or screen recording of what you are running into and I will have a look! 

Cheers,

Mandy

Mandy HubSpot Forum Footer.png

View solution in original post

ChrisChiha
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @TiphaineCuisset,  @MandyDROS ,

I was able to achieve this through Zapier, thanks @MandyDROS . (Using the action "Update Contact in Hubspot")

I have a form, that when submitted, i need it to update existing contacts in Hubspot using ContactID.
So what i did is, i added a hidden field in the form, passed the contact id as a parameter in the form urls, and connected the form to google sheets.

Then i connected the google sheets to hubspot through zapier. Each time a row is added, the contact that has the same contact id will be updated with the newly provided values of the properties.

Best Regards,
@ChrisChiha 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
amitsarda
Participant

SOLVE

For anybody looking for a solution to this today, please check out Coupler's offering to help you back up your Hubspot data to Google Sheets, Google Drive, Big Query, etc.

MandyDROS
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @ChrisChiha ! 

Thanks for tagging me @TiphaineCuisset !

This can be done through Zapier.  

You would trigger the Zap when the sheet was updated in whatever column/row, etc. that you would like.

Your first action will be a lookup step and then you will specify which additional properties, outside of the typical identifiers like name, email, and phone, to fetch. 

Once you fetch all of those properties then you can choose to update a contact in the next step and you will be able to dynamically place all of the values that you want to place if the fields for updating were not fetched the first time.

If this does not solve the issue then please send me a Loom or screen recording of what you are running into and I will have a look! 

Cheers,

Mandy

Mandy HubSpot Forum Footer.png

ChrisChiha
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @TiphaineCuisset,  @MandyDROS ,

I was able to achieve this through Zapier, thanks @MandyDROS . (Using the action "Update Contact in Hubspot")

I have a form, that when submitted, i need it to update existing contacts in Hubspot using ContactID.
So what i did is, i added a hidden field in the form, passed the contact id as a parameter in the form urls, and connected the form to google sheets.

Then i connected the google sheets to hubspot through zapier. Each time a row is added, the contact that has the same contact id will be updated with the newly provided values of the properties.

Best Regards,
@ChrisChiha 

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ChrisChiha 

Thank you for reaching out!

From what I can see here, our integration only goes from HubSpot to the Google Sheet and not the other way around. 

I however want to tag some of our experts here - @MandyDROS @HubDoPete @danmoyle do you have any thought or suggestion for @ChrisChiha on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !