Sales Integrations

mattscar

Google calendar connection problem

SOLVE

I contunually get a "something went wrong" error when trying to hook up my Google Calendar

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @cloud-traffic,

It looks like you've connected your inbox as a shared inbox, which prevents it from being connected to your calendar as well. For a full explanation regarding why this is, I wanted to share this thread.

Next steps will include either disconnecting the inbox from the conversations tool (as a shared inbox), or choosing a different email address to connect for your calendar.

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
40 Replies 40
janluc

SOLVE

Hi there,

I have the same situation. Using Gmail callender (free account) to connect with my custom domain. Adding this to hubspot meetings gives the error. What to do?Schermafbeelding 2020-04-01 om 10.23.49.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @janluc,

Can you please confirm which inbox you are trying to use for the Google Calendar integration? Additionally, can you please confirm that your calendar is hosted with Google Apps (GSuite), Gmail (Google Free), or Office 365? Having access to a calendar through Gmail does not require the calendar to be hosted by Gmail. 

If your calendar is connected to your inbox, you can confirm your email provider through this tool.

For more information on the meetings tool and how to configure it, I wanted to share this resource.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
janluc

SOLVE

Hi,

I use my inbox which is my e-mailadress for hubspot login.   (custom domain)

The calender is hosted by google calender, my custom domain emailadres is my google account. I guess that is not a gmail account?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @janluc

Thank you for the information! Can you please confirm if you are able to connect your calendar to HubSpot following the steps here

If you are able to successfully connect your calendar, can you please direct message me a picture of the successful connection and I can investigate this matter further? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mattscar

Can you send along additional context around when you're recieving this error, and screenshots, as well as the information listed in this article

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
mattscar

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

Hmmm....odd.  It worked today.  I think we can close this for now.  TY!

0 Upvotes
flamschenzwei

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda,

I'm getting the same error. I haven't set up a shared inbox, yet I cannot connect my Google Calendar to my HubSpot Meetings. I don't have a G Suite account, just the normal account. Is that the reason why it isn't working?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-09-16 um 19.56.14.png

Thanks in advance,
Simon

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @flamschenzwei

Is your calendar hosted by Google or Office 365? Currently only calendars hosted by these two platforms can be connected to the meetings tool. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
flamschenzwei

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda ,

Thank you for your reply. My Calendar is hosted by Google, so it should work.

Simon

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @flamschenzwei,

Can you please direct message me the email address associated with your calendar? Additionally, can you please confirm the issue persists across multiple browsers and through an incognito window? 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
taliflo

SOLVE

I also have the same problem. Please let me know how you resolved this issue.

The shared inbox is properly configured to be our team email, not my personal email. My personal inbox is connected (not Gmail).

I've signed up for Google calendar using my personal email. When trying to connect the calendar to Hubspot under the Meetings settings I receive the same error message as flamschenzwei.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @taliflo,

Your calendar has to be hosted by Google, which is different than setting up a calendar using Google as your calendar client. 

This resource outlines the requirements in more detail.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
taliflo

SOLVE

My calendar is hosted by google, but it's a free account (not G Suite) and uses my custom domain. I still get the error.

Could the integration only work with G Suite users, not free users?

0 Upvotes
flamschenzwei

SOLVE

Hi @taliflo,

Has your problem been solved? It is still not working for me.

Best regards

0 Upvotes
taliflo

SOLVE
Nope. I’m pretty sure it’s an issue with free gmail accounts as opposed to paid G Suite accounts. Will continue testing today. I haven’t switched over my CRM yet as I’m exploring joining the HubSpot partner program.
0 Upvotes
taliflo

SOLVE

So it appears one requires a G Suite subscription and can't simply have the free Google calendar with custom domain. Hubspot requires that both the email and calendar with Google are setup via G Suite with a custom domain to link personal emails and calendars.

So what I've done is tested to Microsoft out using a Microsoft Live (outlook.com) free account, setting up the email and calendar syncing with my server. And it appears Hubspot has no issues and is able to work with that setup.

So my recommendation if you do not want to purchase a G Suite or Outlook 365 subscription for personal emails is to sign up the user for a Microsoft Live account, configure it to work with your external server, and then link it and Hubspot.

taliflo

SOLVE
Correction. New Outlook.com free accounts don’t allow custom domains anymore for calendar on free subscription, while google does.

HubSpot allows for syncing with a free google calendar using a custom domain, but the meetings booking tool requires a paid G Suite or Office 365 subscription if you want the custom domain.

I’ve resolved to use Calendly as my free meetings scheduler with a free google calendar using a custom domain as login, and then sync that calendar to HubSpot. I then have the gmail under a free gmail domain a login (separate google account) setup with IMAP to receive email from my server and sync that to HubSpot.

All of this is to enable the client to use HubSpot without also having to purchase an Office 365 or G Suite subscription, enabling me to continue using client’s own email and calendar service.
0 Upvotes
Payback

SOLVE

Whoa.  That just went over my head.

For $6/mo, I think I will just pay google for the g-suite...

That appears to solve the problem for people...

Right?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @taliflo,

If the email address is different than the one associated with your email address, can you please share it with me through direct message and I can confirm? 

The integration will work for email addresses hosted by G Suite. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Brendon76

SOLVE

i have same issue.  Google Calender, not a shared inbox, i get the same screenshot error as everyone else.  Tried incognito, but hubspot still not helping address this issue. 

0 Upvotes