Sales Integrations

Stobber
Participante

Google Calendar integration permissions: Why???

resolver

I just tried to connect HubSpot CRM to my Google Calendar account. Google warned me of the list of permissions HubSpot was requesting.

permissions.png

Looks like HubSpot wants access to everything I do in my company through G Suite. Why do you need access to my Drive, all my email, my Spreadsheets, etc just to sync with my calendar?

I want to use more integrations, but I'm not ready to give you a camera and lift up my skirt, so to speak.

1 Solução aceita
jennysowyrda
Solução
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @Stobber,

This document outlines some of what you are looking for. 

If you use the 'Gmail and Outlook Integration' with the Sales Hub product, we will have access to certain information associated with your email account and will use some of this information to provide the Sales Hub product services. We may store and use your email data, such as the distribution lists (for example, the "to", "from", "cc", and "bcc" fields), the subject lines, and the URLs of tracked links from your emails in order to provide the Sales Hub product. If you use the "Send Later" feature in the Sales Hub product, we will store the bodies of the emails (along with the associated attachments) that you schedule to send in order to provide this feature to you. You must connect your inbox to the Sales Hub product in order to use the "Send Later" feature. If you use the 'Gmail and Outlook Integration', the Sales Hub product will scan the content of your outgoing emails to identify which emails you've elected to track in order to provide you with the notifications feature. If you opt to use our template building tools, the Sales Hub product will scan the content of your sent emails to identify possible templates for use by Users of your HubSpot account. By using the 'Gmail and Outlook Integration' with the Sales Hub product, you grant us the right to access and use your information and data as described in this section. If you do not agree to the terms in this section, you should not use the Sales Hub product.

The intent of having all those permissions is so that if you ever want to use features across HubSpot that use that data, you wouldn’t need to reconnect your gmail account. We understand that some users want more scoping around permissions, and that’s something that the team plans to tackle this year. From myself and the team who is in charge of this product: we hear you, and we get it-- there are some limitations around what we can currently do now, but we hope to change that in the future. If you are unwilling to connect your account, we totally understand, and we can let you know when we have more defined connections in the future. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Exibir solução no post original

53 Respostas 53
AndreaGabriel
Participante

resolver

For me, the issue is that Hubspot wants connection to my Drive folders. There is no way I can give access to the Drive. Would love to connect my calendar, but opening up Drive folders is so not necessary, and a total no go for me.

AndreaGabriel
Participante

resolver

Also, why is this issue marked as "solved"?

dwf
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Could a Hubspot exec let us know why this is being ignored? 

Morten_Olsson
Colaborador(a)

resolver

This thread is marked as solved, even though it is not solved at all. @PamCotton could you please escalate this issue? It is vexing that HubSpot does not take a stance here.

evilon
Participante

resolver

Joining the choir. Please request permissions only what is absolutely necessary for the task at hand. 

CE
Colaborador(a)

resolver

if you could also opine on https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Google-Advanced-Protection/idi-p/462773, perhaps it would help increasing the overall security/privacy profile of HubSpot.

0 Avaliação positiva
JHassell
Participante

resolver

We are having the same concern. Will this blanket permission access be changing? 

Morten_Olsson
Colaborador(a)

resolver

It looks like this thread has been hijacked by a completely different issue. Can we get it back in line with the original post, please?

I find it deeply saddening, that the original issue is yet to be adressed after more than two years. It is simply incredible, that the calendar integration can't function without granting HubSpot full permissions to our Google Drive files - something that is never ever going to happen.

The files on our Google Drive includes design documents for national critical IT-services for our country. We would be mad to give HubSpot access to those.

Can we please, pretty please get an official reply from HubSpot: Is this something that you will be addressing? If so, when? Do you even understand how incredibly bad information security practice it is, for your customers, to grant HubSpot the aforementioned priviledges?

In short: We would really really like calendar integration with our Google Calendar. But as long as HubSpot requests access to our entire Google Drive, that just won't happen.

Best Regards

Morten Olsson

Marketing Manager

Netic A/S

CE
Colaborador(a)

resolver

@Goulven @jacobjoseph 

Please consider asking your security team to upvote the is feature request for HubSpot to work with Google Advanced Protection. It seems like it would solve many of the issues present in this thread.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Google-Advanced-Protection/idi-p/462773

dwf
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Two years later and this is still an open issue? One of the reasons for buying into Hubspot was an "all-in-one" solution. Now I need to use Calendly (which does not require access to everything). One or two more caveats like this and my company will find an alternative to Hubspot.   

jacobjoseph
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Yes, we had to use Calendly for the same reason. Definitely frustrating to have to pay for an additional service due to lax security rules.

MSHABBIR
Membro

resolver

LOL we are using Calendly just because of that. I'm not giving them access to all my emails just to sync my calendar. The first response is also very dumb in my opinion. You can just request access as users want features and not have a blanket coverage.

0 Avaliação positiva
AllanG
Participante | Parceiro Diamante
Participante | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

I cannot belive this isn't solved yet. Can someone please give the simple reason. Is it: 

1. You can't technically figure out how to do it? (Which shouldn't be the case, because comapnies like Zoom only need access to Google Calendar - not the entire suite)

2. You don't care that this is a major concern to customers?

3. It's just easier to only ask once for permission to Google?

4. The access to more data is more important than customer concerns?

I feel lke it has to be one of those answers...but if not, please let us know. This one hurdle is stopping many companies from fully utilizing the features of the platform, and also just feels like a data overeach for no legitimate reason (again, unless you're telling us it's just not technically possible) - in that case, can we schedule a call with the Zoom tech team?

PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hello @Goulven, as the article above mentions: When you connect a calendar to the meetings tool, the associated inbox will automatically connect in your email integration settings. However, once your calendar is integrated, you can disable the inbox connection without disabling the calendar connection.

As I see an error while you trying to connect your inbox in HubSpot you will need to ensure this inbox is connected correctly first before connecting your calendar. 

If you connect a google calendar to meetings, it will also connect and enable that inbox in your email integrations.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Goulven
Participante

resolver

Hello @PamCotton,

I followed your instructions and tried to reconnect my inbox.

Here is the technical error stack:

GmailSubscriptionError{type=INITIAL_WATCH, error=googleApiErrorForApiRequest(GoogleApiError{error=ErrorBody{errors=[Error{domain=global, reason=failedPrecondition, message=Mail service not enabled}], code=400, message=Mail service not enabled}})}

This error message totally makes sense as I don't have Gmail service. I'm using ProtonMail, an end-to-end encrypted email service.

I tried to delete the inbox and recreate it, but I got the same error.

It seems like Hubspot is incompatible with services like ProtonMail. Do you confirm?

Do you know another CRM I could use instead?

Regards,

0 Avaliação positiva
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hello @Goulven, I was not able to see the error on our end while trying to connect the inbox, but here is some more information about ProtonMail.

You will be able to connect your ProtonMail inbox to HubSpot. While it's not natively possible to connect a ProtonMail inbox, as it doesn't allow for inbox connections via IMAP and SMTP, there is a ProtonMail Bridge that would enable you to connect your inbox to HubSpot this way. But, do note that this is only available with a paid ProtonMail subscription.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Avaliação positiva
Goulven
Participante

resolver

Hello @PamCotton ,

ProtonMail Bridge is installed locally and decrypts mails for app installed locally such as Outlook or Thunderbird. So, you're telling me that HubSpot has a desktop client? I'm interested, where can I download it?

0 Avaliação positiva
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hey @Goulven just to clarify, 

Goulven
Participante

resolver

@PamCotton,

Did you read the ProtonMail Bridge documentation? IMAP/SMTP settings provided by ProtonMail Bridge are for local only: 127.0.0.1.

outlook2019_win_p2.png

Please tell me how HubSpot is supposed to reach this IP address?

Unless deploying this bridge on a dedicated server and exposing ports 1025/1143, but I definitely won't do that.

0 Avaliação positiva
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hello @Goulven I just confirmed with our team, and you are correct, those are local IPs that won’t work with our IMAP inbox connection. Your IMAP and SMTP servers need to be accessible over the public internet in order to connect with HubSpot. We cannot advise you further on the technical implementation.

Kindly,

Pam