Gmail integration - Email listing

New Contributor

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to get previous emails from a contact from Gmail to the CRM. 

I have some email threads with a contact from before I used Hubspot CRM and I wanted them to show on the CRM. Is this possible?

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @bcoelho, thanks for your question. You can certainly get previously-sent emails into your CRM by using the Forwarding Address feature

Your forwarding address is [your Hub ID]@forward.hubspot.com. When you receive an email from a contact, forward the message to this address, and the email will be recorded on the appropriate contact record. 

There are a few things to keep in mind when forwarding emails to the CRM for logging:

• Ensure that you are forwarding the individual reply email (avoid forwarding other parts of the email chain).
  • The forwarded message header generated by your email client must be present and in English.
  • Ensure that the email address you are forwarding the email from is a Sales user in the CRM.

For more information on why your forwarded email might not have appeared in your CRM, check out this article!