Sales Integrations

GHunt
Participant

Field mapping displaying internal id of Original Source and Type

SOLVE

Hi All,

I have created custom fields in Salesforce for UTM Campaing, Medium, and Source.  I have them mapped to the Original Source 1, Original Source 2, and Original Source Typer.  The mapping works for a few minutes but then SF starts displaying the HS internal ID for the Source fields.  Can anyone help me with this issue?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @GHunt 

Please make sure you've mapped the field type correctly. The original source is a dropdown, whereas others are single-line text fields. Also, make sure to increase the character limit for single-line text in Salesforce; some of the HubSpot source drill-down values are really long.

Salesforce will display the value; maybe it's just a temporary issue.

Thanks @JenWeiss for the tag.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @GHunt 

Please make sure you've mapped the field type correctly. The original source is a dropdown, whereas others are single-line text fields. Also, make sure to increase the character limit for single-line text in Salesforce; some of the HubSpot source drill-down values are really long.

Salesforce will display the value; maybe it's just a temporary issue.

Thanks @JenWeiss for the tag.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @GHunt,

Thanks for reaching out! I would like to tag in our champions here to share some of their expertise: @Aakar , @lynton and @StefaniUAT for any recommendations they have.

Thank you!

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.