Sales Integrations

llathieyre

Emails sent from Hubspot do not show in my Gmail Sent box

SOLVE

How to make sure that messages sent directly from Hubspot are also in the Gmail Sent box?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
sttang
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @llathieyre 👋🏻,

Only sales emails (1-1 emails) sent from HubSpot will appear in your Gmail Sent folder. To do so, you will first need to connect your inbox as a connected inbox is required to send emails through the CRM. 

Once you have done so, when you send a personal email to a contact using the Email email icon on the contact record page, that email will appear in your Gmail sent folder once it's been sent. For example:

Sent email in Gmail's Sent folderSent email in Gmail's Sent folder

As for marketing emails, they are sent via HubSpot's shared email infrastructure except for users who have opted to send email via a HubSpot dedicated IP. As such, these marketing emails will not appear in your sent folder in Gmail as they are not sent through your connected inbox. 

However, if you have already connected your inbox and have sent an email using the contact record's Email email icon, but did not have the email show up in your Gmail Sent folder, can you conduct one more test and grab a screenshot similar to mine? 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
sttang
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @llathieyre 👋🏻,

Only sales emails (1-1 emails) sent from HubSpot will appear in your Gmail Sent folder. To do so, you will first need to connect your inbox as a connected inbox is required to send emails through the CRM. 

Once you have done so, when you send a personal email to a contact using the Email email icon on the contact record page, that email will appear in your Gmail sent folder once it's been sent. For example:

Sent email in Gmail's Sent folderSent email in Gmail's Sent folder

As for marketing emails, they are sent via HubSpot's shared email infrastructure except for users who have opted to send email via a HubSpot dedicated IP. As such, these marketing emails will not appear in your sent folder in Gmail as they are not sent through your connected inbox. 

However, if you have already connected your inbox and have sent an email using the contact record's Email email icon, but did not have the email show up in your Gmail Sent folder, can you conduct one more test and grab a screenshot similar to mine? 🙂

Naseem
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

I have the same problem:

1. Email sent via Hubspot connected to a contact, company and deal - notification showing sent - does not appear in Gmail Sent folder.
  2. Gsuite Gmail inbox connected
  3. Test email sent via the same contact card - appears in Gmail Sent folder - screenshot attached.

Test email from hubspot showing up in Gmail sent itemsTest email from hubspot showing up in Gmail sent itemsTest email from hubspot showing up in Gmail sent itemsTest email from hubspot showing up in Gmail sent itemsOriginal email not showing in Gmail Sent folder circled in red and test successfully showing up in Gmail sent folder circled in greenOriginal email not showing in Gmail Sent folder circled in red and test successfully showing up in Gmail sent folder circled in green

PowerFilmSolar
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey, Naseem. I was having the same issue but just figured it out! You need to go to Settings/Inbox and toggle off the HubSpot fallback email (see attached screenshot). After doing this, all my emails sent in HubSpot log properly in Gmail.Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 3.04.42 PM.png

amtnezschez
Participant | Partner
Participant | Partner

SOLVE

Hi Naseem. Did you get any answer to your questions? Did you manage to solve it or discover why it happens? I've got the same problem, but haven't seen any info from HubSpot on it

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @amtnezschez,

Could you please provide us more information on your specific case?  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !