Sales Integrations

LizO
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Email Integration- linking conversations to a contact

SOLVE

Say you and a co worker are talking about a contact via e-mail.  Your contact is not IN the conversation.  How can you attach that conversation to the contact's profile in Hubspot?  Is there a way to do that via the e-mail intigration?

The old fashion way I have been using is copy & past into the notes section of the contacts profile.  

BTW, I use the desktop outlook intigration.  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @LizO,

With the way that the Log in CRM functionailty operates, it wouldn't be possible to use your BCC or your Forwarding address to include and email with your colleague that references a contact onto said contact record. There are a couple of reasons for this:

- The Log in CRM functionality is designed to add emails to a contact record in the CRM based on the recipient's email address. It would not be possible to decide which contact record an email is logged to, because the only step to log an email is to add your portal's BCC address or forward the email to your portal's Forwarding address.

- Emails sent to a colleague's email address which has the same email sending domain cannot be forwarded to the CRM - so if you tried forwarding your exchange with your colleague to the CRM, it most likely would not appear. 

Because of this, I do think that your best solution would be to paste the text of the email as a note in the contact record. I'm sorry that I don't have a more seamless solution for you at the moment!

All the best,

May

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @LizO,

With the way that the Log in CRM functionailty operates, it wouldn't be possible to use your BCC or your Forwarding address to include and email with your colleague that references a contact onto said contact record. There are a couple of reasons for this:

- The Log in CRM functionality is designed to add emails to a contact record in the CRM based on the recipient's email address. It would not be possible to decide which contact record an email is logged to, because the only step to log an email is to add your portal's BCC address or forward the email to your portal's Forwarding address.

- Emails sent to a colleague's email address which has the same email sending domain cannot be forwarded to the CRM - so if you tried forwarding your exchange with your colleague to the CRM, it most likely would not appear. 

Because of this, I do think that your best solution would be to paste the text of the email as a note in the contact record. I'm sorry that I don't have a more seamless solution for you at the moment!

All the best,

May

LizO

SOLVE

I just wanted to give an update on this question.  

If you want to talk about a lead with coworkers you can do it right in HubSpot!

1. Go to the Contact, Company, or Deal you want your co-worker to look at.  

2. In the Notes section use the "@" sign then your co-worker's name.  Should autopopulate before you finish the name. 

3. Write whatever you wanted to ask.  

4. When you click save the co-worker will be e-mailed your question with a link to look at the profile.

Boom, everything in HubSpot and no Ctrl-C & V.