Sales Integrations

uppedlive

Does Hubspot need to manage consent in order to track website activities?

SOLVE

Hi all!  New to the board, first time posting.  I have a free hubspot account, and myself and my salesperson operate within it.  I have a website in wordpress, and the contact form is done through mailchimp.  I have tried to have hubspot tell me when a potential client comes in through my website (having them autologged in hubspot), but it does not seem to be working.  I also am not getting any activity data (x visitor visited the about page, or contact us, etc).  It is as if I I currently have Hubspot set to the equivalent of "don't worry I can track activity and personal information because I covered consent somewhere other than Hubspot". 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @uppedlive,

Could you rephrase what you're trying to achieve and what's not working? Have you integrated HubSpot, Mailchimp and WordPress and if yes, how exactly?

With the HubSpot WordPress plugin, the HubSpot tracking code is automatically added to your WordPress pages, and you can access many of HubSpot's tools directly from your WordPress account. This would allow you to monitor website traffic.

As far as consent goes, that would have to be managed through a HubSpot form – or the appropriate information would have to be passed on from the Mailchimp form. Here is the information on HubSpot forms: Add notice and consent information to your HubSpot form or pop-up form

This is how, in general, lawful basis of processing can be tracked in HubSpot.

Let me know if I should elaborate on any of this. Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @uppedlive,

Could you rephrase what you're trying to achieve and what's not working? Have you integrated HubSpot, Mailchimp and WordPress and if yes, how exactly?

With the HubSpot WordPress plugin, the HubSpot tracking code is automatically added to your WordPress pages, and you can access many of HubSpot's tools directly from your WordPress account. This would allow you to monitor website traffic.

As far as consent goes, that would have to be managed through a HubSpot form – or the appropriate information would have to be passed on from the Mailchimp form. Here is the information on HubSpot forms: Add notice and consent information to your HubSpot form or pop-up form

This is how, in general, lawful basis of processing can be tracked in HubSpot.

Let me know if I should elaborate on any of this. Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.