Sales Integrations

NLundgren

Docusign Integration Custom Fields

SOLVE

I am looking for assistance on mapping custom hubspot properties to docusign so that they can be used to auto-fill in docusgin templates.

These are the default fields that autosync with docusign, I need to be able to add custom properties to docusign templates. How can this be achieved?

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 1.21.31 PM.png

3 Accepted solutions
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @NLundgren 

Thank you for your reply. I've reached out to the team and got more information on this. 

We've given you access to a public beta. With it, you should now be able to input your HubSpot CRM data directly into the DocuSign Template. The one catch is that custom fields can not be updated from within HubSpot, this needs to be done in the Docusign template to make any changes.

The steps to do this are:
1. Create a template in DocuSign
2. In the "Custom Fields" section of the left sidebar you can see HubSpot fields, you can put them in your template
3. When you use that template from HubSpot the appropriate data will be populated in those fields

Unfortunately, DocuSign doesn't allow us to populate values on embedded editing view, so custom fields should be placed in the template in the DocuSign app before using that template in HubSpot.

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

EDIT June, 22

My apologies about the confusion here. After getting further clarification from the Product Team: 
* When talking about "Custom Fields" in the explanation above, it means "Custom fields" in relation to DocuSign and not HubSpot. When you're in the DocuSign template you'll find these custom fields on the left. Those are only HubSpot-predefined fields at the moment. 
* This is no longer in beta but live and can be found here

* More info in our knowledge base here

Thank you, 

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
HubDoPete
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

This also might be worth considering on PandaDoc. Easy to populate text using variables or pre fill fields using merge fields

Please shout if you want any help on how to replicate what you need to do.

LuciaDeNile
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Our DocuSign integration is no longer in beta. It is now live and available to download from our App Marketplace . Predefined HubSpot fields are available to customise your DS templates. Fields customisable by the users are not yet available, but likely to be something we will add in the future

41 Replies 41
ClowninAround
Participant

SOLVE

I am in the same situation. The fields do not populate on the DocuSign template.

Can this issue be rectified?

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SOuazana @ClowninAround 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Can you confirm you're following these exact steps to use HubSpot fields in DocuSign? Fields added directly in the HubSpot embedded view will not be applied. 

If you do follow these steps, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and specific examples about this.

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
Laurenz
Participant

SOLVE

Hello! When will the feature with the custom fields sync between hubspot and docusign be available? 

That's a big need!

KevinCiesielski
Participant

SOLVE

Super not so great we had custom fields in the beta and now they are gone. Client super not happy with this reversion. Any timeline for adding in the functionality.

HubDoPete
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

This also might be worth considering on PandaDoc. Easy to populate text using variables or pre fill fields using merge fields

Please shout if you want any help on how to replicate what you need to do.

FAragon

SOLVE

HI,

Are the default 17 "mapped fields" between Docusign and Hubspot the only ones that can be used or can we add additional custom fields as can be done with Pandadoc?

Thank you,

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @FAragon 

We have a beta for the DocuSign integration in which you can create HubSpot Custom Fields in DocuSign - if you're interested I'd advise connecting with HubSpot Technical Support and giving them your HubID so they can request access for you.

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes
PGodoy

SOLVE

Hi Tiphaine,

I would like to know what I need to do to be included in this beta to
create new custom fields in Docusign

Thanks antecipated

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @PGodoy 

I'd advise connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, give them your HubID and they will be able to make the request for you to be added in the beta. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes
AOConnor

SOLVE

Hi, any updates here as the functionality appears quite limited in terms of adding  new mapped fields?

0 Upvotes
PGodoy

SOLVE

Hi Everybody,

I´m in this same sotiation. 

I have a order form in docusign and the informations for most of the fields of this document must be filled by custom informations that come from hubspot.

My problem is because this fields doesn´t appear in the hubspot integration with docusign.

Any help?

Tks antecipated

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AOConnor 

Thank you for your reply. 

I see you've opened a ticket with HubSpot technical support as your subscription includes it - they'll be better able to help you and investigate further on that!

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @NLundgren 

I want to share with you this article on this that explains how to use HubSpot custom fields in the docusign templare. Does that help? 

To view your mapped fields, you navigate to the Mapped fields tab. You will see a list of your HubSpot properties and their corresponding DocuSign fields.

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

NLundgren

SOLVE

Hi Tiphaine,

I had seen that article but it doesn't cover custom HubSpot fields other than what imports by default. Any additional instructions there would be great.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @NLundgren 

Thank you for your reply. I've reached out to the team and got more information on this. 

We've given you access to a public beta. With it, you should now be able to input your HubSpot CRM data directly into the DocuSign Template. The one catch is that custom fields can not be updated from within HubSpot, this needs to be done in the Docusign template to make any changes.

The steps to do this are:
1. Create a template in DocuSign
2. In the "Custom Fields" section of the left sidebar you can see HubSpot fields, you can put them in your template
3. When you use that template from HubSpot the appropriate data will be populated in those fields

Unfortunately, DocuSign doesn't allow us to populate values on embedded editing view, so custom fields should be placed in the template in the DocuSign app before using that template in HubSpot.

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

EDIT June, 22

My apologies about the confusion here. After getting further clarification from the Product Team: 
* When talking about "Custom Fields" in the explanation above, it means "Custom fields" in relation to DocuSign and not HubSpot. When you're in the DocuSign template you'll find these custom fields on the left. Those are only HubSpot-predefined fields at the moment. 
* This is no longer in beta but live and can be found here

* More info in our knowledge base here

Thank you, 

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes
KMoe

SOLVE

Hi Tiphaine,

I can't seem to find those mapped fields from HubSpot in DocuSign for some reason. Any ideas?

Thanks 

Karl.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KMoe 

I can see you have a ticket opened with HubSpot Technical Support, as your account have accessed to technical support - they will be better able to investigate further and help you on that. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes
KMoe

SOLVE

Thanks, Tiphaine. It's been a while and I haven't heard back from them yet 😕

Karl.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KMoe 

I've reached out to the support team who said some emails have been sent - have you looked in your spam folder/your ticket in your support inbox? However they also said they have sent another email to be sure 🙂 

The recommendation was to connect with DocuSign support, after investigation it seemed there was some issues with your connected account.

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes
KevinCiesielski
Participant

SOLVE

I also need this for a client with multiple custom fields to map into docusign. Could we also have access to the beta for Hubid 6687608 ?

Thanks so much!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KevinCiesielski 

I've reached out internally and requested that it can take a few days before you have access. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes