Sales Integrations

jlevy1
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Deduplication mechanisms in Salesforce integration

SOLVE

Does anyone know what kind of Company/Account deduplication mechanisms the Salesforce Integration uses?

We are not automatically creating Companies in Hubspot, but are creating Contacts that will be synced from Hubspot to match up with (if applicable) Accounts the Contact is associated with in Salesforce.  

Does anyone know

A) If this is possible?

B) How is this done?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @jlevy1. Here are the rules for when the connector will create a new account in Salesforce, but it doesn't sound like there's any kind of deduplication going on. As far as contacts are concerned, however, a separate deduplication mechanism exists, independent of any account data or association.

The connector will use the email on the HubSpot contact as the unique identifier. It searches among contacts with a matching email first, then leads, creating a new lead if no match on email exists. 

If the connector syncs with an existing Salesforce contact who's associated with an account, the HubSpot company records are updated with the matching Salesforce account values, based on your company mapping rules. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @jlevy1. Here are the rules for when the connector will create a new account in Salesforce, but it doesn't sound like there's any kind of deduplication going on. As far as contacts are concerned, however, a separate deduplication mechanism exists, independent of any account data or association.

The connector will use the email on the HubSpot contact as the unique identifier. It searches among contacts with a matching email first, then leads, creating a new lead if no match on email exists. 

If the connector syncs with an existing Salesforce contact who's associated with an account, the HubSpot company records are updated with the matching Salesforce account values, based on your company mapping rules. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes