Sales Integrations

MVukusic
Participant

Custom links in Contact sidebar (and other places like associated cards)

We have an external app that pulls contacts from our HS, so we can do some parts of our workflow there (whcih are not available in HS).

It would be really helpful to our users if they could have "quick-links" from HS interaface directly to that external app related page. This would avoid multiple clicks, including searching for the contact in the external app (when contact is already found in HS).

Ideal and the most simple solution I though might be possible, is via custom propery on the contact. I though "calculation" type property might be able to concatenate strings with variables, like "Http://.......externalservice.com/ccontacts?contactID=" + $ContactID

... then I'd simply put it in the sidebar where it would appear as link (similar to Website URL property)

Unfortunatelly, calculated fields do not support concatenation. Any idea how to achieve this? All I can think of is a custom browser plugins but thats not very elegant solution.

I think it would really help to be able to reference external systems in sidebars (and assosiated cards) via calculated read-only link properties.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @MVukusic ,

You can certainly do this with the help of workflows. What you need is:
1. A destination property where you are going to store the values.

1. Two source properties that you are going to add.

Then,

1. Navigate to Automation > Workflows > contact-based
  2. I have created a simple one, you can probably use your logic for the enrollment. 
  3. Use ‘Set property value' action, and use contact tokens to fill out the property for you.

webdew_0-1651654664121.png

I have cross checked whether it’s working or not

webdew_1-1651654664371.png

After this, you can use this property in the left-sidebar, or in cards, as you feel is suitable (but this not a clickable link, but a plain string).

webdew_2-1651654664373.png

Hope this helps!
If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.
Thanks and Regards.

MVukusic
Participant

Oh, great idea indeed! But too bad it is not the link in the end 😕  I though HubSpot autoformats links.

In the meantime, I found CRM API Extensions docs. It seems like a solution long-term, because external apps are owned by us and this kind of extension has many more interesting integration potentials. (https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/crm-extensions/crm-extensions-overview)

However, would still be nice to have something simple done through HubSpot interface.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing this API solution with us, @MVukusic

I would recommend adding your feedback about HubSpot having the ability to auto-format links to our Ideas Forum. If you post your idea, feel free to link it here so we can upvote it for you 🙂

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
MVukusic
Participant

Thx, I did post an Idea here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Links-calculated-as-custom-fields/idi-p/627218

I merged both ideas into one: displaying links as links and adding string concatenation to calculated fields.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your idea with us, @MVukusic

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes