Sales Integrations

CEllul
Participant

Contacts sync issue between Hubspot and Shopify

SOLVE

Hey team,

I have recently set up the integration between Hubspot and Shopify. All went smooth when setting this up, however, I can see that none of my 100+ contacts in Hubspot are being synced to Shopify, even though the Two-Way sync option is enabled! 

Any idea what is causing this? 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jonchim
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @CEllul you're welcome!

This is the link i found that info on https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/connect-hubspot-and-shopify?_ga=2.253923853.425378688.162...

So a sync only works if contacts are in both HubSpot and Shopify according to the message it seems like. Can you try creating a new contact in HubSpot and see if it comes over to Shopify? I believe PieSync does the same thing the native HubSpot Shopify integration already does.

Jon Chim
VP of Design & Development
Hypha HubSpot Development

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
CEllul
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @Jon - thank you for your message and support.

Can you please post the link for the help article you mention in your message? 

Regarding exporting manually to Shopify, I am not sure I follow. A recent email received from PieSync, a tool I was evaluating and which does exactly what I need (ie sync contact from Hubspot to Shopify) states that they were recently bought by Hubspot and the Piesync features would be added to the Operations Hub in Hubspot. In this regard, is this feature readily available for use in Hubspot, or is this something coming down the line in the roadmap? 

I am attaching the email sent out by the PieSync CEO a few weeks ago on this subject.

CEllul_0-1622041918214.png

0 Upvotes
jonchim
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @CEllul you're welcome!

This is the link i found that info on https://knowledge.hubspot.com/integrations/connect-hubspot-and-shopify?_ga=2.253923853.425378688.162...

So a sync only works if contacts are in both HubSpot and Shopify according to the message it seems like. Can you try creating a new contact in HubSpot and see if it comes over to Shopify? I believe PieSync does the same thing the native HubSpot Shopify integration already does.

Jon Chim

check Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
CEllul
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @jonchim - if I do that, won't the one-way integration work from Shopify to Hubspot (not vice-versa)? All my contacts are in Hubspot right now. Shopify has 0 contacts.

0 Upvotes
jonchim
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @CEllul ah got it i read your initial post wrong, i thought you were syncing from Shopify to HubSpot. I'm not sure the two-way sync when turned on will bring those contacts over to Shopify initially without them exisitng in Shopify to begin with. I came across this help article with some infor on the two-way sync. I believe you may still have to export and import your contacts into Shopify manually. @PamCotton would you say that's the case?

When two-way sync is enabled, the contact properties below will be synced any time you update them in either your Shopify account or HubSpot account:

• Accepts marketing
  • Accepts marketing updated at
  • First name
  • Last name
  • Address
  • Default address
  • Phone
  • Tax exempt

Jon Chim

jonchim
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @CEllul That is interesting, I would assume the initial integration setup should've brought those contacts over. The two way sync setting only updates contacts if the contact is either updated in HubSpot or Shopify. Maybe try removing the store and then reconnecting it and choose the one way sync first to see if that brings all the data over?

Jon Chim

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @CEllul , happy Monday.

Wanted to add some top experts to this conversation @darynsmith @jonchim what would you recommend to @CEllul matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !