Sales Integrations

sahilsethi576

Contacts Integration

Hello, 

I have connected my inbox to hubspot for emails. but everytime anyone emails me, if they are not a contact in hubspot, it adds that person as a contact, anyone, not just true leads. I want to stop this. Can someone help me or share with me how i can stop this? 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
AnxiouslyEager
Participant

Contacts Integration

Hey there!

So I thought about what I would do and I think this Integromat template might actually be able to solve the issue.  Check it out and maybe play around with it to see if it would be helpful for you. 🙃

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Contacts Integration

Hi @sahilsethi576 

Thank you for reaching out.

It looks like you've connected your email as a shared/team email in HubSpot (connected to the Conversations Inbox?). In that case, all incoming emails except the ones who are filtered will create contact. This is the expected behavior. 

If you want to decide which emails will log to your portal, and so which contacts to create, I'd recommend disconnecting your email as a team email and then reconnecting it as a personal inbox. You can then install the HubSpot Sales Extension that will allow you to decide which emails are logged on contact records, and which contacts are created. Those emails will, however, not appear in Conversations > Inbox anymore. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine. 

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes