Sales Integrations

dhvs

Chatbot: replies using Slack aren't sent out anymore

SOLVE

Hey! Looking for some help...

I have Hubspot installed on a Slack channel on my group. New in-product chatbot messages notify my on a new Slack thread. However, the way it used to work was that any responses from me on that thread would notify the user on the bot. I noticed my responses aren't notifying the user, and they used to be marked automatically with a checkmark emoji on Slack side.

I Hubspot and they claimed it's an issue on Slack's side. I messaged Slack and they said the following: "We have little insight on how the Hubspot app works and I'm a bit surprised they've directed you to us as we're unable to provide support for third-party apps."

I'm attaching a screenshot showing exactly how it used to work (with the emojis) and how it looks now. Anyone able to assist? That'd very appreciated! Cheers.

Hubspot not working on Slack.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dhvs
Solution

SOLVE

Hey all, I just got a reply from Patrice, Product Manager at HubSpot, and I was able to fix the issue! Instructions below:

Slack now requires you to invite the @hubspot app into your Slack channel if you're sending notifications to a private slack channel.

Next Steps:

Simply type @hubspot in any private channels you're sending notifications to, and your notifications will come through.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
dhvs
Solution

SOLVE

Hey all, I just got a reply from Patrice, Product Manager at HubSpot, and I was able to fix the issue! Instructions below:

Slack now requires you to invite the @hubspot app into your Slack channel if you're sending notifications to a private slack channel.

Next Steps:

Simply type @hubspot in any private channels you're sending notifications to, and your notifications will come through.

JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @dhvs,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.

Hi @EmmaWashington @joshua-paul @Crystal_Hopper, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

danniky

SOLVE

Hi Jessica,

The solution from TOP reply seems doesn't work anymore.

@hubspot app added into a private channel, but not fetched into the customer's chat session window

The only "Reply in inbox" works (desktop only)

danniky_0-1617668807117.png

PS. Another bug — while I'm on mobile and in Slack tapping "Reply in inbox" opens HubSpot App but not the conversation screen, as it works on desktop.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @danniky Can you please confirm If you've mapped your HubSpot user email to your Slack user email? You must claim the HubSpot user identity in Slack by clicking Claim [user email address] before sending replies. The full documentation with requirements is noted here: Use the Slack integration.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

danniky

SOLVE

Dear Pam,

Absolutely, just a couple of hours later I configured Slack - I saw in HubSpot web app notification about that issue - so my Slack's user email not mapped to the HubSpot user.

So, anyone will find the solution just by seeing notifications.

Vuela --  just follow the instruction.

danniky_0-1617806382025.png

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @danniky thank you for the update, is everything working correctly now?

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Uitgetypt

SOLVE

Hi team,

I want to share that we face this issue as well since last week. Try to reconnect the apps, delete accounts etc., but so far nothing seems to work.

So I will follow this conversation as well and if needed I'm happy to share anything as well to find a solution for this issue.

0 Upvotes