Sales Integrations

Ruscoe

Can I assign a specific person to a SalesForce task created by a Hubspot workflow

SOLVE

When I add an action to a workflow to 'Create SalesForce task' I can either assign the task to the Contact Owner or to the Integratioin User. But I'd like to assign the task to a specific user instead. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 1.08.26 PM.png

Is there a way to achieve this? 

I have tried asking our SalesForce admin to help do this in the process builder after the task syncs to SalesForce but there are a lot of complications and I'd rather have control in Hubspot. Please help! Thanks 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
LaurenRyan
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Can I assign a specific person to a SalesForce task created by a Hubspot workflow

SOLVE

Hey @Ruscoe!

A few things here. 

1. Check to make sure activities are included in your HS<>SF integration. To do this, navigate to settings > connected apps > Salesforce > Activities Tab.

2. If your sales users are in HubSpot, make sure the 'Salesforce Task Sync' toggle is turned on.

3. If you just want HubSpot activities to sync to Salesforce, check the box for each activity type that should sync. Be sure to assign a task type for each of these activity types. You can either request that a type for each activity be created, or you can ask for a general 'HubSpot' task type to assign all activities to.

4. Import your Salesforce users to HubSpot. If you haven't done this already, ensure all of your active Salesforce users are in HubSpot by navigating to Settings > Users > New User > Create Multiple Users at Once > Salesforce > Select All > Next > Save (If you would like for all of the SF users. to have login access, allow the invite email to be sent. If not, just uncheck that box and they won't receive the email.)

5. Finally, after all of this is verified, simply create a HubSpot task via the workflow and assign it to a specific user. 🙂 As long as the integration is connected for created tasks, it'll sync over without any lift from your Admin.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
LaurenRyan
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @Ruscoe!

A few things here. 

1. Check to make sure activities are included in your HS<>SF integration. To do this, navigate to settings > connected apps > Salesforce > Activities Tab.

2. If your sales users are in HubSpot, make sure the 'Salesforce Task Sync' toggle is turned on.

3. If you just want HubSpot activities to sync to Salesforce, check the box for each activity type that should sync. Be sure to assign a task type for each of these activity types. You can either request that a type for each activity be created, or you can ask for a general 'HubSpot' task type to assign all activities to.

4. Import your Salesforce users to HubSpot. If you haven't done this already, ensure all of your active Salesforce users are in HubSpot by navigating to Settings > Users > New User > Create Multiple Users at Once > Salesforce > Select All > Next > Save (If you would like for all of the SF users. to have login access, allow the invite email to be sent. If not, just uncheck that box and they won't receive the email.)

5. Finally, after all of this is verified, simply create a HubSpot task via the workflow and assign it to a specific user. 🙂 As long as the integration is connected for created tasks, it'll sync over without any lift from your Admin.

RGrant4
Participant

SOLVE

@LaurenRyan  When using this option of using the "Create Task" action and syncing it to SFDC, does this impact task notification emails sent from Salesforce?

Task notification email is sent when using the "Create a Salesforce Task" action, but I'm not seeing the same behavior with "Create Task".

0 Upvotes
STastan
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @LaurenRyan ! thanks for your explanation above, however, I believe I have all of that in place already, and yet I'm still only seeing the 2 options that @Ruscoe mentioned above? Any updates? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
RyanCreveling
Participant | Platinum Partner
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @STastan - I hope you've gotten an answer to this by now, but for any future community members I wanted to clarify this point!

@LaurenRyan's solution suggests the use of the standard "Create Task" workflow action rather than the "Set a Salesforce Task" action.

The Create Task action creates a task in HubSpot and lets you choose which HS user you want to assign it to. When you set up the Activity Sync with Salesforce, per the answer above, the HubSpot task's owner assignment will carry over to the SFDC Task when it syncs.

Hope this helps!  

JLichtie

SOLVE

Hi @RyanCreveling 

I have used the workflow in my form to assign a task. It is assigning a task in Hubspot to a specific user (as I want) it is creating a task in Salesforce, but assigning it to the salesforce contact owner - not the specific user I selected in Hubspot. How do I get the specific user in salesforce to get the task?

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RyanCreveling hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello, @Ruscoe that's a great question, I wanted to add some top experts to this matter, @Aakar @LaurenRyan any recommendations to achieve @Ruscoe matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes