Call From Phone Dropping Calls

New Contributor

I keep getting dropped calls when making calls via "Call from phone" option. I have hubspot set to call my sofphone app on my computer to make outbound calls. About every 5 oubounds has an issue where it calls rings for 1 second on the softphone then drops the call. I can make outbound calls from the browser with no issue. I can make calls directly from my softphone with no issue. Only when I call from Hubspot through the softphone via "Call from phone" do i experince the dropped calls. It only drops before connecting and not during the call. Has anyone experinced these issues?

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
Community Manager

Hi @Mesing88

Are you using a third party softphone app? What app are you using? As discussed in this thread, HubSpot doesn't natively integrate with any softphone apps; I would recommend beginning by checking out the technical requirements for calling to ensure the app meets them.

Thanks,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
New Contributor
We are using Counterpath's Bria 5 softphone. Our network is solid and we tested everything in the Technical requirements link you sent me and everything is working great. There is no issue making and receiving calls through the app itself. We only experience dropped calls when we call through Hubspot "call through phone" feature.
0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Thanks @Mesing88

Can you provide:

1. A screenshot of your internet speed from this test

2. Confirm whether the issue occurs when you are calling from an incognito window

3. Confirm whether the issue occurs across multiple browers

4. A screenshot of your results from the Twilio test (full explanation in this article)

Thanks,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I think I'm having the same issue. However, I'm calling from the browser. Should I complete the same steps to help you guys troubleshoot?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

HI @harrisonc,

If you can send that information along, that would be great!

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

How do I send it to you?  email address?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @harrisonc,

You can direct message it to me by clicking on my name>send message.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi

Did this get resolved?  I would like to connect my Bria softphone to HubSpot for calls and am not sure how to?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hello @BuiltIT 

As Jenny mentioned, can you please provide us :

1. A screenshot of your internet speed from this test

2. Confirm whether the issue occurs when you are calling from an incognito window

3. Confirm whether the issue occurs across multiple browsers

4. A screenshot of your results from the Twilio test (full explanation in this article)

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I am not actually managing to use this yet, I am trying to find out how to do it successfully.  I have just started using HubSpot and have Bria as my Voip softphone and would love to be able to integrate the two.

I have emailed my internet speed screen shot as requested 🙂

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @BuiltIT 

Our recommendation is if you could test by connecting your phone and after if you received any errors while connecting could you please let us know by providing more details in what error you are receiving in your end?

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pa,

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes