Sales Integrations

omeratas
Participant

Calendly won't update Calendly Custom Properties when existing contact schedules a meeting

Hello,

We recently started using Calendly's HubSpot integration. I just realized that when a person who already exists as a contact in our CRM schedules a Calendly meeting, their Calendly-related properties (the properties that got created automatically when we first installed the integration. The naming convention is "Calendly Custom Answer #") will not be filled/updated in HubSpot.

This issue does not happen when a completely new person schedules a Calendly meeting. When that happens, that person gets added to the CRM as a new contact, and their Calendly-related properties will be automatically filled with their answers to the custom questions in our Calendly form.

Here is a contact that first entered our CRM via the Calendly integration (they did not exist in the CRM before they scheduled a Calendly meeting):

Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 6.41.02 PM.png

As you can see, the "Calendly Custom Answer 2" property for Cem was filled by Calendly (the question asks the scheduler's country of residence).

On the other hand, Jackie is a contact that already existed in our CRM:

Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 6.42.19 PM.png

When this Jackie person scheduled a Calendly call, the Calendly call was successfully logged in her profile; however, the “Calendly Custom Answer 2” was not filled. See the red arrow.

What we need is the “Calendly Custom Answer 2” property (and all the other Calendly Custom Answer # properties) to be filled when existing CRM contacts schedule Calendly calls.

Is this possible?

4 Replies 4
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Calendly won't update Calendly Custom Properties when existing contact schedules a meeting

Hi @omeratas,

Thanks for reaching out!

It looks like this is the expected behavior of this 3rd party integration. I wanted to share this documentation from Calendly which states "for contacts already in HubSpot, HubSpot will not update the responses in the contact properties. The responses under contact properties will stay the same, even if the contact books another meeting."

Since this is a Calendly-supported integration, I would encourage you to reach out to their Support Team to better understand why this limitation exists and if there is a workaround you could deploy. You can reach their support team via this contact us page

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
omeratas
Participant

Hi, Kristen! Thank you for your response. Yes, from the documentation it does look like the integration does not provide this feature. However, I wanted to open this conversation here more to find out how fellow HubSpot users worked around this limitation. For instance, in addition to this integration, should we set up a Zapier integration just to get the contact properties updated? Or, could it be solved using a Workflow? Etc.

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @omeratas,

Thanks for the additional context!

I would like to add our community members to see if they have any experience with Calendly or ideas.

Hi @Alex_Elborn@Whathcock@JenBergren - Do you have any advice for @omeratas

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
JenBergren
Guide

Hi @omeratas and @kvlschaefer  unfortunately I don't have experience in the Calendly integration but perhaps @LiamRedding or @TravisScott have?

Thanks!
Jen Bergren
Human-Centered Operations Leader, HubSpot SuperFan, Instructional Design and Lifelong Learning Advocate
Connect with me on Linkedin