Sales Integrations

asknick

CRM Incorrectly logging the user who took action in Hubspot - Aircall

SOLVE

We have a strange HubSpot glitch that we can't seem to solve and it's throwing off our sales reporting for user activity. Currently, we have Aircall and Hubspot. When we make a call in Aircall it automatically logs in Hubspot. However, sometimes Aircall transmits all the details correctly, but Hubspot attributes the call to a specific User in Hubspot. A user who did not do that action. 

Here's a few things I've verified:

1. It's not limited to me. I know it's also happened to another one of our users a few times, but it seems randomized. It's not every call/every entry.
  2. Aircall has said historically that the top line "Outbound answered call via Nick's work line made by Nick Rizzi" is what they send to hubspot. All of this comes in correctly. The only piece that's incorrect is what Hubspot is logging as the user. Nothing with Aircall.
  3. The misattributed user (K) does not even have an aircall number. 
  4. When this happens to our other users, it's always (K) as the user logged who took the action.

Here is the example. Does anyone know how to fix this glitch?

Nick's Aircall, Nick's Line, but Hubspot logged the action under K.Nick's Aircall, Nick's Line, but Hubspot logged the action under K.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
asknick
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @PamCotton

I was initially really confused because aircall was sending all of the data correctly to hubspot and that user didn't even have an aircall account. It took a few days with Aircall, but we figured out that the cause was our Hubspot email not matching the aircall email. So that's why it was assigning it to the wrong user. She must be a default or something.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @asknick,

Currently, the engagements are created by Aircall via API.

Aircall sends over the JSON data of it including the owner field.

HubSpot would not alter the field and we just receive it as what was sent to us.

Please reach out to Aircall with these specific examples and inquire why the engagements they are creating in HubSpot are not being set the expected user ID.

If they can provide us more information on what specific data was sent to HubSpot to the cases that are being incorrectly logged, we can continue investigating. 

Please when they provide you more information, can you please send me a private message with this information, plus the specific example in HubSpot you are looking into.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
asknick
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @PamCotton

I was initially really confused because aircall was sending all of the data correctly to hubspot and that user didn't even have an aircall account. It took a few days with Aircall, but we figured out that the cause was our Hubspot email not matching the aircall email. So that's why it was assigning it to the wrong user. She must be a default or something.

AMulagic
Participant

SOLVE

Dear @asknick thanks for bringing up this issue.

I know it´s a bit of an older post, but could you elaborate on your answer a bit more, as I´m having the same problem with the Aircall. Tracks a wrong user who took the call.

What is the practical workaround for this? Thanks, and best regards.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @asknick ,

Thank you for letting us know the solution! I'm glad you were able to fix it!

Have a good weekend!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes