Sales Integrations

Jonnydk
Top colaborador(a)

Best way to track UTMs in HubSpot and Salesforce

resolver

Hey, what's the best way to track UTMs in HubSpot and Salesforce. We are currently adding a hidden set of UTM fields on the form level but when it comes to PPC I want to make sure that the UTM value is updated in the fields and passed to the salesforce opportunity/ HubSpot deal... Any ideas on how to achieve this?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
StefaniUAT
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

@Jonnydk,

This is not my area of expertise so appologies as I haven't used SF in years but I did a little research and this is what I found.

1. This documentation says to use the hidden UTM fields by creating new HubSpot fields.

2. Once there is a form submission, the HubSpot record will now have these UTM parameters in their properties.

3. You will want to ensure there are matching properties in Sales Force and then mapped in the sync settings. 

4. You can then create a workflow that copies the UTM fields into a HubSpot deal property.

This will ensure the UTM fields are available on the contact record, HubSpot Deal, and then in Sales Force.  In Sales Force, I'm sure you can use a trigger or process builder to do what you need in SF. Will this meet your needs?

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
8 Respostas 8
Jonnydk
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

@JessicaH hi do you have any additional information that I can look at? Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
JessicaH
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @Jonnydk,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they have some suggestions.

Hi @bradmin @trevordjones @daviddoughty, would you be able to share your thoughts with @Jonnydk?

Thanks!

Jess   

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Jonnydk
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

@JessicaH any news with this one? Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
JessicaH
Alunos da HubSpot
Alunos da HubSpot

resolver

Hi @Jonnydk,

Let me tag some more subject matter experts, to see if they can assist with this.

Hi @Phil_Vallender @StefaniUAT  @Bryantworks, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Avaliação positiva
StefaniUAT

resolver
Hello,
It depends on what fields you have that may contain the exact URL UTM. Find a record created in HubSpot and look at the following properties to see if any of them track what you are looking for!

First referring site, last referring site, first conversion, original source drill down 1, original source drill down 2, first conversion, last conversion.

If none of them contain what you are looking for, please provide more information. Are you speaking specifically about Google? Are your forms HubSpot forms? Do your UTMs contain specific campaigns?
Best,
Stefani Johnson
0 Avaliação positiva
Jonnydk
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

@StefaniUAT thanks, in the case of our PPC campaigns, what we are doing is sending prospects to a Hubspot landing page with a Hubspot form. The forms include hidden UTM fields. I know this isn't the best solution since those fields can be overwritten if the same user clicks on a different campaign. In turn, I am syncing that data to lead which is created in SF and it is mapped to the Contact and Opportunity objects in SF. I am also syncing Drill 1 and Drill 2 to SF as well. Should I be doing this differently? 

0 Avaliação positiva
Jonnydk
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

@StefaniUAT @JessicaH any additional insights? Thanks!

StefaniUAT
Solução

resolver

@Jonnydk,

This is not my area of expertise so appologies as I haven't used SF in years but I did a little research and this is what I found.

1. This documentation says to use the hidden UTM fields by creating new HubSpot fields.

2. Once there is a form submission, the HubSpot record will now have these UTM parameters in their properties.

3. You will want to ensure there are matching properties in Sales Force and then mapped in the sync settings. 

4. You can then create a workflow that copies the UTM fields into a HubSpot deal property.

This will ensure the UTM fields are available on the contact record, HubSpot Deal, and then in Sales Force.  In Sales Force, I'm sure you can use a trigger or process builder to do what you need in SF. Will this meet your needs?

Best,
Stefani Johnson
0 Avaliação positiva