Sales Integrations

EMacNeille

Automatically Retrying Sync Errors in HubSpot <-> Salesforce Integration

Wondering if someone knows a way to automatically retry sync errors.

I am finding that HubSpot is updating/inserting records in batches of 200 which is too high for our Salesforce Instance given the automation we have.

I'd like to reduce the batch size to 50 and the number of concurrent batches to 1. Not seeing anyway to do this however.

I came up with a scheme to automatically retry contacts but updating a text field that synces between Salesforce and HubSpot.

However with Activities that failed to sync from HubSpot to Salesforce, I'm not seeing any way to do the same thing.

So, I am stuck going to the HubSpot Sync Errors section and manually re-syncing them for Salesforce erros such as Record Locking (CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY) which can be solved by simply re-trying.

2 Replies 2
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your post @EMacNeille !

I am stuck going to the HubSpot Sync Errors section and manually re-syncing them for Salesforce erros such as Record Locking (CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY) which can be solved by simply re-trying.

I believe you will need to manually re-sync after an error occurs and there's no way to automatically do this.

@trevordjones With your Salesforce experiences, is there anything you can add here?

@MichaelC Do you think there's a way to automate this from a developer perspective?

EMacNeille

Thanks for your reply. Seems like there isn't a way to do this then ... short of using Browser automation such as Selenium to automate retrying within the UI.

Please let me know if you do find a way or someone who knows a way other than this.

0 Upvotes