Sales Integrations

tigral

Auto creating a contact with x2 emails via Zapier

Hi there , 

Im currently utilising a Mail parser to scrape customer lead details from an email and via Zapier auto add to the Hubspot contacts database. The customer is automatically sent both an email and a text message ( Email to SMS ). When the customer returns a text message it is returned as an email - (customernumber@sms.service.com).  I can manually go into the hubspot contact after creation and add a secondary email (This way all communication is collated correctly under the contact) but it really needs to be created at origin. Can a contact be created with x2 emails via Hubspot API? ANy workarounds other than manual here.

Thanks for your help 

Tom

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
DigitalWoods
Participant

Hi @tigral ,

That's a really cool setup, you gave me a couple of ideas for one of my projects. Thanks for that!

As for the solution, I think you can consider creating 2 separate contacts and merging them. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-i-merge-contacts

The 1st contact will be created the same way you're doing now.

For the 2nd contact, instead of passing the data directly to HubSpot, pass the data to a Google Sheet first. Write a formula in one of the columns to fetch the phone number and create the email address - customernumber@sms.service.com. Then zap the data from Google Sheets to HubSpot.

Now you'll have 2 contacts with same details but different email addresses. Pick a unique identifier and merge the contacts via API - https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/contacts/merge-contacts

I haven't tested this, but theoretically it should work.

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

Saurav

saurav@digitalwoods.net

PS: Please tag my answer as “solution” if it works for you.

0 Upvotes
tigral

Thanks Saurav, ive got the two contact being added , but I'm not sure how to create the merge ( A little out of my expertise ). Is there a way to merge through a service such as zapier? 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @tigral 

Welcome to the Community ! Thank you for the information provided, I will tag some of our top contributors to this conversation, @thesnappingdog@DanielSanchez@lynton, would you suggest any workaround for  @tigral  question?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes