Sales Integrations

BenMund
Participant

Allowing Users to link to Zoho without making them Admins

SOLVE

Hi,

We have dozens of independent resellers, each of which is a member of a Team and only has access to the contacts in their Team.

Some of them use Zoho as their primary CRM (we're using Hubspot for lead gen and distribution to them). As I understand it, the only way to link between Hubspot and Zoho is to give the user Integration Permission. And it seems the only way to do that is to give them admin power. We can't do that becuase each reseller needs to have access to their lead contacts and no one else's. (This also applies to the 3rd Party Bedrock Hubspot / Zoho link).

So, we're stuck with individual Users (our resellers) exporting their lead contacts as a CSV and then importing them into Zoho or another system.

Does anyone know how we might allow intergration bewteen one of our User's accounts and their own Zoho platform with making them an admin? Is there a way they could sign up for a free Hubspot CRM account with a different e-mail address and use that as a pass-through to Zoho in some way?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I've never used Zoho, so I'm unfamiliar with their security/sharing model. With that said, if you haven't already, you may want to try using Zapier to connect HubSpot and Zoho together. This should only require one HubSpot user and one Zoho user's credentials. This would require zaps for each Zoho org you want HubSpot to point to, and probably isn't scalable. 

Alternately, if developer resources are available, it looks like the profile-url property in the Contacts API returns a public link where anyone with that link can view the contact. Passing that value to people outside of HubSpot users should allow them to see the contact (requires enabling the Allow Public View option in Contacts Settings in-app first). Unfortunately, this is something which can't be configured in-app in HubSpot, and would require custom development to accomplish. 

[N.B.: I am not a partner; I just don't have anywhere better to be.]

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @BenMund  Can't see a way around this at this time. I am curious about this though: 

. . . the only way to link between Hubspot and Zoho is to give the user Integration Permission. And it seems the only way to do that is to give them admin power.  

In HubSpot an admin can activate an itegration, but admin permissions are not needed for all users to take advantage of the integration. Can you provide a link to the documentation surrounding this? 

Also pinging a few partners for a further look: @Phil_Vallender  @bradmin  Any ideas here? 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I've never used Zoho, so I'm unfamiliar with their security/sharing model. With that said, if you haven't already, you may want to try using Zapier to connect HubSpot and Zoho together. This should only require one HubSpot user and one Zoho user's credentials. This would require zaps for each Zoho org you want HubSpot to point to, and probably isn't scalable. 

Alternately, if developer resources are available, it looks like the profile-url property in the Contacts API returns a public link where anyone with that link can view the contact. Passing that value to people outside of HubSpot users should allow them to see the contact (requires enabling the Allow Public View option in Contacts Settings in-app first). Unfortunately, this is something which can't be configured in-app in HubSpot, and would require custom development to accomplish. 

[N.B.: I am not a partner; I just don't have anywhere better to be.]

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Thanks for your response @bradmin Surely, there is no place better to be than hanging out than in the HubSpot Community! Smiley LOL

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution