Sales Integrations

AliceZen
Participant

A way to compare and track the effectiveness / desirability of a new product feature in hubspot?

SOLVE

Does anyone have any ideas or know of any integrations that could help me capture data on how a new product-feature drives customer behaviour? 

I'd like to essentially run two campaigns, one when we offer this new product feature and a second when we don't.  I'd like to capture specific customer feedback on that feature and then also compare pipeline stats, so if it drives more sales or moves along the pipeline quicker etc.

Ideally I would like to see this same information early on in a campaign, where most of our connects are from cold calling and would be based on Contacts / Leads; and also when our Sales Executives use similar messaging at a later stage when they are mostly connecting through a Deal / Opportunity and speaking to multiple engaged stakeholders at a company.  

If it was possible, I would use a similar method to compare two pricing structures; different communication strategies etc.  

Lastly, I would like a way to easily bucket our leads / deals into two or more groups for this comparison (using things like Industry, company size or Job Role),  instead of manually choosing them. 

Thanks for any thoughts on this! 

Alice

1 Accepted solution
warrendavey
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

A way to compare and track the effectiveness / desirability of a new product feature in hubspot?

SOLVE

@AliceZen ,  So if I understand correctly you are selling a new product or feature through cold calling only?  Or is the website tracking it too? i.e. They can purchase directly online without talking to a rep.

Campaigns in HubSpot track the effectiveness of an online campaign.  If you are cold calling people who weren't sourced in this way then the campaign would not be totally effective unless they download content or visit the webpage related to the campaign.

If it is a product feature only, then you only need to track the effectiveness of the product itself being sold in your reports over a specified period of time.

I would even suggest a checkbox on the contact, deal or company for your team to check if they are selling the new features.  Then you can track which contact deal or company was attracted to the feature or was notified of it. Later you can just hide the field or delete it once the data has been exported.

I hope this helps.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
warrendavey
Solution

SOLVE

@AliceZen ,  So if I understand correctly you are selling a new product or feature through cold calling only?  Or is the website tracking it too? i.e. They can purchase directly online without talking to a rep.

Campaigns in HubSpot track the effectiveness of an online campaign.  If you are cold calling people who weren't sourced in this way then the campaign would not be totally effective unless they download content or visit the webpage related to the campaign.

If it is a product feature only, then you only need to track the effectiveness of the product itself being sold in your reports over a specified period of time.

I would even suggest a checkbox on the contact, deal or company for your team to check if they are selling the new features.  Then you can track which contact deal or company was attracted to the feature or was notified of it. Later you can just hide the field or delete it once the data has been exported.

I hope this helps.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AliceZen,

I want to tag in some subject matter experts who may have some thoughts to add here. @Josh@warrendavey@matthodkinson do you have any suggestions for @AliceZen?

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes