Sales Integrations

austeroid

2-way synchronisation problem with Google Calendar - Google calendar entry is not updated

SOLVE

Hi, 

As I was testing the 'Meet' feature of hubspot 

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 3.54.37 pm.jpg

I found out that the 2 way integration has an issue.

At first, I created the schedule with 'Add to Google Calendar' option ticked,

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 3.39.13 pm.jpg

my google calendar does add the corresponding entry:

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 3.42.22 pm.jpg

However, as soon as I changed the meeting time and/or date and click 'Save and send updates' button,

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 3.45.32 pm.jpg

the corresponding google calendar entry doesn't update itself. Also the attendee did not receive any updates about the change

Hubspot meeting entry is updated to the new time and date,Hubspot meeting entry is updated to the new time and date,

But the corrensponding entry on google calendar is not updatedBut the corrensponding entry on google calendar is not updated

But when I update the entry on google calendar's end,

New time & date, updated via google calendarNew time & date, updated via google calendar

the hubspot meeting entry is updated:

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 3.58.55 pm.jpg

I hope I have explain it clearly enough... Someone please advise? is this a glitch of hubspot CRM? I notice this happens in both beta and non-beta versions of hubspot

Thanks...

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

2-way synchronisation problem with Google Calendar - Google calendar entry is not updated

SOLVE

Hi @austeroid,

Thank you for the video! That was very helpful for me to see where the breakdown is occuring. 

I think the issue is that we have connected your calendar, but we haven't integrated it yet. So while we can send information to it, it isn't updating because they aren't fully connected.

To integrate your calendar: navigate into your settings>integrations>apps>can you please search for Google Calendar and go through the integration process? Once you integrate, I would expect the issue to be resolved, but if it isn't, please let me know and I am happy to keep digging into this. 

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
BrookeBains
Participant

SOLVE
This is happening for our team too. The issue is not yet resolved.

Where can we get updates on the big fix?
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @BrookeBains,

I can see you are working with HubSpot technical support regarding this matter. As this issue will involve looking at specifics within your account, I would recommend continuing to partner with Support.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
DeedyTech

SOLVE

I hope my experience helps someone with the same issue:

I thought my hubspot/google calendar integration was broken but the issue was simply that some appointments I had on the google calendar were not impacting the hubspot calendar because the google calendar appointment status was set to "free" rather than "busy".

Hannah from HubSpot helped me identify this. Really great support. Thanks Hannah!

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for sharing your experience @DeedyTech .

Kindly.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @austeroid,

Thank you for the feedback! I am unable to reproduce this behavior, and the event should update as seen here.

If you are able to reproduce this across multiple browsers, through an incognito window, and for different contacts, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
austeroid

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your response.

That issue happened on Chrome. I was able to reproduce that issue on Safari just then.

Now there's one paticular point in the article you sent me: 

"Please note: deleting a meeting in HubSpot will not remove the event from Google Calendar."

That is true as I have done some tests on that behaviour.

So I wonder if likewise, editing a meeting in HubSpot will not update the event in Google Calendar?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @austeroid,

The expected behavior is that it should sync between the two platforms. Can you please try disconnecting and reconnecting your calendar, and then if you are still seeing the same issue, can you please share a video/screenshots of the process? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
austeroid

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda,

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting Google Calendar to no avail. Here is the link for the screen recording of the process.

Dropbox link for screen recording

Also, i'm not sure if it's related but the Google Calendar account used in the process is part of G Suite.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @austeroid,

Thank you for the video! That was very helpful for me to see where the breakdown is occuring. 

I think the issue is that we have connected your calendar, but we haven't integrated it yet. So while we can send information to it, it isn't updating because they aren't fully connected.

To integrate your calendar: navigate into your settings>integrations>apps>can you please search for Google Calendar and go through the integration process? Once you integrate, I would expect the issue to be resolved, but if it isn't, please let me know and I am happy to keep digging into this. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
austeroid

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda ,

Amazingly, that actually works. Thank goodness and thank you!

Now that leaves me baffling since I innitially 'connected' to Google Calendar via the link in the 'Schedule' window:

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 9.11.11 am.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 9.11.37 am.jpg

On the surface, the end result of that is exactly the same as per your instructions:

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 9.20.32 am.jpg

Now, I have taken another step further. I disconnected Google Calendar and reconnect using the abovementioned method, and it still works!

So my conclusion is that, because I connected to Google Calendar via the link in the 'Schedule' window, the integration isn't fully in place.

I reckon it's something that Hubspot should look into  as that is most likely how most of the new users establish their integration 🙂