Sales Hub Tools

Sanna_E
Teilnehmer/-in

(workaround) Meetings - Choosing country code on phone field

lösung

We need visitors to choose their country code when submitting the meetings form like they can on regular forms. It needs to be mandatory since many forget to fill it in and we shouldn’t put the time on trying to guess/look at IP/ phone number.

meeting.jpg

2 Akzeptierte Lösungen
MFrankJohnson
Lösung
Vordenker/-in

lösung

Q: How to make Country Code on phone fields mandatory?

Short A: Not built-in HubSpot functionality. 

Longer A:

If country code is uber important for your use case, have you considered making a separate custom contact property a mandatory field (e.g., 'Country Code Mandatory')?

You could easily make it a dropdown and even limit the list (if desired).

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi everyone

Thank you for your feedback

While not everyone may see this as a solution, the post from Frank has been resurfaced to explain what is the current state in HubSpot for this, and to give a workaround to this issue at the moment. I have updated the title so it's clearer for our users.

I understand how a native country code in the meetings tool could be useful for our users. I recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this and give it a comment. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. The Ideas Forum is regulary monitored by the Product Team and you can learn more about its process here

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
12 Antworten
MKlief
Mitglied

lösung

Hubspot actually gives the option of a dropdown country code within forms but not in meeting links. 

So:

Another workaround would be to create a form that asks for all relevant contact details including country code and than forward them to the meetinglink where all the contact info would be prefilled from the previous form. 

Adds the nice feature of progressive fields to the process 🙂 and you'd have clean data

RyGuy
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Someone from support guided me to this post so I could upvote the issue. The lack of option to enable country code dropdown in Meeting Links isn't just annoying it actively undermines Phone Number Valididation, the country code dropdown in classic Forms and trying to mainain an E164 phone number format which is required for most VoIP integrations and general data integrity.

Here's an example where our data was actually worsened by the lack of feature and required manual intervention to fix, the earliest version of the phone number was added by a classic embedded form in E164 and validated format. The Contact filled out a Meeting Link which HS considers a form submission which removed the country code breaking call logging and some workflows that all expect an E164 phone number:

HS Deformatted Phone Number.png 

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @RyGuy,

Thank you for your valuable feedback! I have also shared it internally for more visibility.

Not sure if you have seen it yet, and I also understand that it is not exactly what you would like, but have you checked the workaround above from @MFrankJohnson? This might help you momentarily, until the feature is available.

Also, if you have not done it yet, and as my colleague @TiphaineCuisset mentions, there is this similar idea already submitted: "Add "Show country code dropdown menu" option to meeting bookings".

I'd recommend supporting the Idea with an upvote and explaining your use case in the comments.

Our product team uses that forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers.

Product pays particular attention to the top voted ideas & takes them into consideration along with other feedback channels as well as their own vision to understand what features will be most valuable.

Thank you and have a lovely day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

RyGuy
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

It's not a real solution for me, we only operate in North America so all the country codes are +1 or an unqualified sale. Capturing the country code for information's sake isn't helpful.

I need a consistently E164 formated phone number for interoperability. HubSpot is aware of this since that is the format 'validated' phone numbers are stored despite displaying them in a different format.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi everyone

Thank you for your feedback

While not everyone may see this as a solution, the post from Frank has been resurfaced to explain what is the current state in HubSpot for this, and to give a workaround to this issue at the moment. I have updated the title so it's clearer for our users.

I understand how a native country code in the meetings tool could be useful for our users. I recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this and give it a comment. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. The Ideas Forum is regulary monitored by the Product Team and you can learn more about its process here

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes
JElcombe
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Yes we still need a true solution for this please, not a work around. Our sms automation is suffering because leads don't put the correct extension before their number.

PFarina
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I definitely don't think that this should be marked as "solved" @TiphaineCuisset – as adding a manual country code field only adds friction to the booking process.

However, the country code is already baked into the Hubspot forms. Extending that to meetings would really help us keep our data pure (and remove tedious db housekeeping for team members)

TroyDean
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I agree with @bettinaisabelle here. Country code should be baked into the meetings tool just like it is in forms. Adding a custom property shoul dnot be necessary. Please fix this HubSpot.

TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @TroyDean 

Thank you for reaching out.

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot, I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

MFrankJohnson
Lösung
Vordenker/-in

lösung

Q: How to make Country Code on phone fields mandatory?

Short A: Not built-in HubSpot functionality. 

Longer A:

If country code is uber important for your use case, have you considered making a separate custom contact property a mandatory field (e.g., 'Country Code Mandatory')?

You could easily make it a dropdown and even limit the list (if desired).

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
bettinaisabelle
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Is it possible to un-accept this as a solution? Because I think it should be possible to turn on the country code field in the meetings link as it is within the form builder when it comes to phone and mobile phone number. If you add another custom field for country code in the meetings link, it will become a new line on the form, which makes it longer and frankly, is quite unnecessary. 

Sanna_E
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks! Will put it as an extra field on the form 🙂