Sales Hub Tools

Honorable
Contributor

syncing meetings created outside of Hubspot

SOLVE

Hello!

At the time a deal is closed won, our sales team schedules an onboarding call with our service team for the new customer.  We previously used workflows and meetings links for this, but in our circumstance have found that having sales review our google calendars while they are on the phone with the customer at deal close is more well-received and successful.    Assume that can't change.

So here are my two questions:

1) How can we incorporate meetings scheduled outside of Hubspot into Hubspot workflows (e.g. what triggers or steps would be needed or allow for this)?

2) If we *have to* use Meetings to achieve workflow compatibility, what are some ideas or suggestions for sales to use the meetings link to schedule in this case?  We're trying to reduce steps, time, and number of browser tabs open. 🙂

Any other suggestions appreciated.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Honorable,

Yes, this works, including meetings scheduled outside of HubSpot as long as the calendar sync is in place. That is the prerequisite.

I just tested this with a meeting scheduled in my Google Calendar, not through HubSpot. This meeting was scheduled with a contact that exists in HubSpot. The contact successfully enrolled in the workflow.

karstenkoehler_0-1626898121929.png

This is how you'd enroll contact. To add this enrollment trigger, click in the box, select Activity properties and find Meeting name. Specify the Meeting name and you're good to go.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Honorable
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you!

Honorable
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks, @karstenkoehler.

I want to build meetings into workflows.  For example, customer meeting is scheduled in Google Calendar.

Google Calendar syncs to Hubspot.

Meeting subject has a keyword or phrase in it, like "customer onboarding"

If the contact has a meeting with that phrase scheduled, then do x or y.

Is that viable?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Honorable,

Yes, this works, including meetings scheduled outside of HubSpot as long as the calendar sync is in place. That is the prerequisite.

I just tested this with a meeting scheduled in my Google Calendar, not through HubSpot. This meeting was scheduled with a contact that exists in HubSpot. The contact successfully enrolled in the workflow.

karstenkoehler_0-1626898121929.png

This is how you'd enroll contact. To add this enrollment trigger, click in the box, select Activity properties and find Meeting name. Specify the Meeting name and you're good to go.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Honorable,

With sales rep calendars connected, meeting scheduled in Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar should show up in the contact record in HubSpot automatically.

What automation exactly are you looking for? When a meeting is booked outside of HubSpot, what would you like to happen in HubSpot?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes