Sales Hub Tools

keriestewart
Contributor

sequences and automation

SOLVE

i have multiple sequences set up to send to our clients (we are B2C) .

When the contact comes to the end of the sequence, i want to be able to set up a workflow or automation that will change their status.

currently there is no way to do this.. ? all i have found to do is set a task at end of the sequnce to remind me to manually change their status. not ideal when we have hundreds of new contacts every week.

will this be resolved? this seems like very basic automation capability.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

sequences and automation

SOLVE

Hi @keriestewart,

I know that this is an older thread. HubSpot just added new contact property filters for sequences:

karstenkoehler_0-1621484505065.png

@keriestewart wrote:

When the contact comes to the end of the sequence, i want to be able to set up a workflow or automation that will change their status.

Looking at the original query, this has been possible for a while now with a workflow (requiring a Professional or Enterprise subscription), using the following enrollment criteria:

karstenkoehler_2-1621484726978.png

If this resolves the issue for you, you can help the community (and make my day) by marking this post as a solution.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13
fdmz
Participant

sequences and automation

SOLVE

Thank you, @karstenkoehler!

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

sequences and automation

SOLVE

Hi @keriestewart,

This is now possible in Sales Hub Enterprise! See the screenshot of a contact-based workflow below:

karstenkoehler_2-1626501015640.png

The number under Last sequence enrolled is the sequence ID. You can find this by navigating to the sequence under Menu > Automation > Sequences and clicking on your sequence. The number is at the end of the URL in your browser: https://app.hubspot.com/sequences/YOUR_PORTAL_ID/sequence/SEQUENCE_ID

Let me know if you have any questions! You can help others find this information by accepting this as a solution. (I'd appreciate it!)

Have a great day

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DTadd1
Participant

sequences and automation

SOLVE

This is what I was looking for, thanks. But I do think it is really strange that we have to input a sequence id rather than lookup all sequences from a list, like you can do when setting up other properties as triggers

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

sequences and automation

SOLVE

Hi @keriestewart,

I know that this is an older thread. HubSpot just added new contact property filters for sequences:

karstenkoehler_0-1621484505065.png

@keriestewart wrote:

Looking at the original query, this has been possible for a while now with a workflow (requiring a Professional or Enterprise subscription), using the following enrollment criteria:

karstenkoehler_2-1621484726978.png

If this resolves the issue for you, you can help the community (and make my day) by marking this post as a solution.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

JosieSA
Contributor

sequences and automation

SOLVE
nice workaround!
0 Upvotes
Ursula34

sequences and automation

SOLVE

Is there any chance to , if you create a sequence with the task: calling inmediately, and the customer don´t take the phone, keep him in the sequence although you have seted up:  it there is not action in 3 days....send the next email

Because calling is an action, but if my customer don´t take the phone I would like to carry on sending him the emails.

Cheers!!

0 Upvotes
keriestewart
Contributor

sequences and automation

SOLVE

FYI - for any others out there , i did find my own solution to this. i set up a workflow that is triggered by email subject, in my case "Keep in touch" 

whenever an email with that subject is sent ,the contact property lead status is updated to moved to newsletter. 

Alex32
Contributor

sequences and automation

SOLVE

Hi @keriestewart and @jfran99, an easier way might be using this tool. It lets you use Sequences more like how you do with workflows.

0 Upvotes
jfran99
Participant

sequences and automation

SOLVE

Thanks for this awesome workaround!

JordiCLM
Participant

sequences and automation

SOLVE

Similarly, is it possibly to trigger a Sequence when a Lead Status is changed?

i.e.: if Lead Status = Sale , then Enroll in Sequence?

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

sequences and automation

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: When the contact comes to the end of the sequence, i want to be able to set up a workflow or automation that will change their status.

Short A: This is not functionality available in the HubSpot Sales Pro sequences tool (by design).

Longer A:

This functionality IS available in the HubSpot Marketing tool. Ideally, you would send your email series as part of a workflow, then trigger the 'status' change upon completion. The marketing tool can be used to send email from any HubSpot user (including sales associates).

Hope that helps. 

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson if you'd like me to respond.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
keriestewart
Contributor

sequences and automation

SOLVE

thanks for your reply. 

I understand I could acess this function via marketing workflow. But i want it to be added to sales CRM capabilities. The clients who are receiving the sequence are already sales qualified, why would i put them on a marketing email workflow? 

Also with sequences, the sequence will stop once a contact sends a response. i believe this wouldnt happen with workflows, you would have to manually stop it. 

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

sequences and automation

SOLVE

Hey @keriestewart do your marketing team leverage customer nurturing / re-engagement campaigns?

0 Upvotes