Sales Hub Tools

MikeIvory
Participante

# of call attempts before connecting

resolver

Has anyone found a way to report on the number of calls attempted before the first call is connected?

There is data out there that the average number of call attempts before connect is ___ but I'd like to see what that data is for my team.

Thanks in advance!

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
warrendavey
Solución
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

@MikeIvory 

I would look at a report that has the count of your activities and call outcomes.  Basically everything that is not a "Connected" outcome would be the attempts. Also, you could cross-reference the total number of calls to the number of "Lead Statuses" beyond "New" or "Open."  The missing criterion is a snapshot of when it all occurred.  For example, once you've connected you want the call counting to stop. Otherwise, the data becomes skewed. You may be able to overcome this with a property change date filter of some sort.

Personally, I would look at the total number of calls each rep is making and the number of meetings or deals they are creating, depending on your business.  You may also want to look at how they are setting or contacting people - Email vs Calls.  Some industries fair better with emails along with calls. Or even text messages.

Hopefully, this helps in some way.  

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

9 Respuestas 9
MrBean
Colaborador líder

resolver

So many people self promoting on this thread. ewww. Easy metric to get, don't pay anyone for this. 

The most direct solution is the best. **Prerequisite-- you should definitely call through Hubspot and use 'Call Outcome' religiously. Then, ideally, I would aim to create a property 'Number of Calls Before Connected' and then build a workflow that counts calls up until a call is logged that equals connected.

Then all you have to do is avg that property anytime you need that data. the workflow isn't complicated, just make sure you unenroll contacts when they are connected. If it helps you can create an additional property for 'Connected Succesfully via Phone' True/False and update that whenever someone gets connected. 

Shouldn't be over complicated. Get the count. Then the avg follows. 

ClowninAround
Participante

resolver

This doesn't work right? Considering you can't be reenrolled in a workflow that's triggered by activity. Unless you have a solution?

0 Me gusta
kvlschaefer
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Thanks for sharing, @MrBean!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Me gusta
MikeLawson
Colaborador

resolver

@MikeIvory 

Looks like you were able to find suitable workaround for your reporting needs.

If you do decide down the road you need more indept analysis where you could look at calls vs connects for specific contacts and calculate the conversion rates based on different slices you should check our my company Rekener. We are a hubspot tech partner and can definitely provide this level of reporting!

0 Me gusta
warrendavey
Solución

resolver

@MikeIvory 

I would look at a report that has the count of your activities and call outcomes.  Basically everything that is not a "Connected" outcome would be the attempts. Also, you could cross-reference the total number of calls to the number of "Lead Statuses" beyond "New" or "Open."  The missing criterion is a snapshot of when it all occurred.  For example, once you've connected you want the call counting to stop. Otherwise, the data becomes skewed. You may be able to overcome this with a property change date filter of some sort.

Personally, I would look at the total number of calls each rep is making and the number of meetings or deals they are creating, depending on your business.  You may also want to look at how they are setting or contacting people - Email vs Calls.  Some industries fair better with emails along with calls. Or even text messages.

Hopefully, this helps in some way.  

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Davey Waren
Pearagon

MikeIvory
Participante

resolver

Thanks @warrendavey.  I was able to pull together a report that I'm fairly confident in based on your workaround.

0 Me gusta
warrendavey

resolver

@MikeIvory , great!  Please mark this as solved so others can use it as well in the future.  

Davey Waren
Pearagon

0 Me gusta
JasonTisdall
Participante

resolver

I've not tried this, but I agree with Warren's approach.

You can access the count of number of times contacted.

You then need a subsequent action at the point at which you deem 'success' has been achieved i.e. write the count value into a different custom field via a worflow .

jennysowyrda

resolver

Hi @MikeIvory,

Currently there is no report that will provide this information on a contact by contact basis. 

@Aadyasha@JasonTisdall@warrendavey @willsmith do you have any suggestions for @MikeIvory in terms of a workaround for gathering this information? 

Any input, suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Me gusta