my original email is coming in with my email cc and causing issues

scottnemiro
Participant

We import all our emails to one gmail address using pop in gmail. 

so i have these email addresses all being loaded in my gmail:

sales@###

orders@###

scott@###

the gmail they come into is companyname@gmail.com

the problem is if someone emails sales the convo comes in and when we respond it is also responding to the customer and sales@### which then makes the conversation marked as new even though i responded and its my response that is coming in. 

Is there a way to prevent this? Or prevent it as marking the conversation as a new respose? 

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @scottnemiro,

To confirm the issue is that copies of your original email are being associated as new emails when they are associated with HubSpot? 

Are the emails coming into the conversations inbox or just your inbox? 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
scottnemiro
Participant

i think i may have solved the problem of logging by setting the email scott@advancedmetalart.com in the "do not log conovos from this email" setting. 

but it would be nice not to cc the original email, 

here is an example.

the original email is sent to scott@advancedmetalart.com. We import the email via POP to advmetalart@gmail.com. We recieve the email in hubspot. we respond and it puts scott@advancedmetalart.com as a cc.

is a customer directly contacts us at advmetalart@gmail.com and we respond it doe not cc advancedmetalart@gmail.com

screenshot attached.

Untitled.png
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @scottnemiro,

Are you expecting HubSpot to automatically add a recipient when that is not who the email is being sent to? 

HubSpot will not pull over the forwarding rules from your Gmail inbox. As the settings controlling this are outside of HubSpot's control, this is not something that will have a built in solution.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
scottnemiro
Participant

I don't think you actually read my problem. 

I want hubspot to stop adding email addresses in. It is adding the Scott@advancedmetalart.com email as a cc

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @scottnemiro,

If you can direct message me a video of the behavior, I am happy to continue investigating this matter.

Are all users in your portal experiencing this issue when sending emails through HubSpot? Does this issue only occur when replying to emails in HubSpot (as opposed to creating new email threads)? 

HubSpot should not be adding a cc'd address into any sent emails automatically.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes