duplicate bcc being added to my outbound emails

Regular Contributor

0 Upvotes
24 Replies 24
Regular Contributor

not sure why.....but i am using gmail .....   i have the tracking set up correctly   and it works....   but when i hit send....it is adding 2 extra bcc tracks to the bcc addresses.    so i have a total of 3 bcc tracking emails being sent with every email !!!!!!

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

i need help....

because every time someone opens the email I get 3 notifications   ---super annoying and i know its probably not good in terms of the email poice

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @daniull - here to help!

I don't have any record of any deleted posts, but is this the thread you are referring to: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Tools/duplicate-bcc-being-added-to-my-outbound-emails/m-p/307...

I'm going to follow up on that thread now. 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @daniull can you please share the three BCC email addresses that are populating in your BCC field with HubSpot Sales, as well as screenshots of your Notifications and Activity Stream? 

With these details the support team can troubleshoot further. 

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor
still looking for an answer on this.....
0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @daniull please see my post above r.e. the details our support and product teams need to troubleshoot this issue with you. Thank you. 

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor
Raisin.... I cannot post the screenshot....because it happens only for a second ....then the email is gone....after i click send
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor
no it did not
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @daniull

If you are receiving three notifications for an opened email, then there would be three logged activites in your activity stream in your portal, or at least a note that the contact had opened the email three times. That is what Roisin, myself and the other moderators would need to see a picture of.

Additionally, if three bcc addresses are being added to your sent email, this would be denoted in the sent folder of your inbox, where there should be three bcc'd email addresses. This is the screenshot that would be most beneficial in order to help us troubleshoot this matter for your. 

I do want to note that the functionalities of the notifications you receive and the bcc addresses are separate. The tracking function (which is how you recieve open notifications) works off of a 1x1 tracking pixel which is placed on the email when it is sent. The bcc address works separately. When you choose to 'log' an email, this sends a copy of the email to your portal through that email address. It is not responsible for sending notifications, simply getting that email into your portal and associated with the contact's timeline. With that said, it sounds like there may be a few different things going on with what you are describing above. I look forward to working through all of the issues you are experiencing with the help of those screenshots.

Once we have the screenshots we can continue to partner with you to resolve this matter. 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Ok,

I am getting duplicare TRACK in my bcc...not duplicate email to recipients.   I am getting my tracking code in the bcc 3x.   when people open my email i see 3 notifications of the same thing.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor
i cannot capture a screenshot of it. its too fast..... when i click send it adds a total of 3 of my tracking codes to the bcc field.
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor
not sure what the problem is but here is the deal: When I send an email in my gmail everything looks correct with the to: to the recipient, and the bcc to my tracking. but when i hit send it adds 2 more tracks to the bcc. I can see them but only for a second until the email sends. Now I don't know if it is a glitch or something and the track is or is not going out 3x but it certainly appears that way.
0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@daniull I am still unclear what is happening three times. If you click into your sent folder are you seeing 3 bcc addresses listed there? That is the only way that the bcc can be involved. Otherwise, we are talking solely about the tracking functionality, which it sounds like is the issue. This would mean that the tracking pixel is firing 3 times every time someone opens the email, meaning you receive 3 popups when a contact opens the email. I wanted to share this knowledgebase article which touches upon the tracking functionality as well. 

If this is the case, can you please delete the extension from chrome and reinstall it to confirm you have the most up to date version. After taking those steps, please reach out if you are still having this issue. 

Thank you, 

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor
Wow. I don't know how else to easily explain. I type an email in gmail, I address it to a person. I see the email of the recipient, and i see ONE tracking email in the bcc. everything looks great. then I click send. then the computer does its computing and for a split second i see 2 extra tracking codes in the bcc that were not there before. i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES. i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES i am seeing 3 TRACKING CODES. if you ask me one more fing time if I am seeing 3 bcc address of the recipient I am gonna lose it. does this help you understand what is happening? I know that hubspot was created by the gods, and only angelic programmers who code flawless code work there along with inerrant customer service reps. But I'm telling you there is a problem. Even though you clearly think I am an idiot. I simply want to know WHY Hubspot is putting a total of 3 TRACKING codes in the bcc after i click send. I sent you a video of it since i cannot take a screenshot. With all do respect, this might be past your pay grade and you need to have a programmer call me or email me....i will send the video over again to him
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

tell me....then why this?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9S2PGOrIcfJpfOC72

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

and how about this??IMG_20170926_124831.jpg3x tracks

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor
so am i still an idiot?
0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @daniull

Thank you for sending along the screenshot and video as they provide the necessary insight into what you are experiencing to allow me to hone in on your issue. Now we can work together towards resolving the issue! 

A few preliminary troubleshooting steps to make sure we are on the same page. Having confirmed answers from these will be necessary to work towards a resolution. 

1. Have you deleted the chrome extension and reinstalled it (if you have not, please do so)

2. Have you cleared your browser cache and cookies (if you have not, please do so)

3. Can you reproduce the behavior in an incognito window 

4. Are other users in your portal experiencing the behavior

5. Do the emails log 3 times on the contact's timeline (if you can provide links to example contacts, that would be great!). 

6. In the sent folder of your gmail, do you see the bcc address listed three times? (a screenshot would be helpful of this as well). 

The more information you can provide to me at once, the more expedited this process will be. You can direct message me any the requested information if you would like to keep it private.

If you have any questions regarding any of the requested information above, please let me know. 

I look forward to receiving all of the answers to these questions so that we can continue to work towards a resolution. 

Thank  you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

1. Have you deleted the chrome extension and reinstalled it (if you have not, please do so) yes, I've done this before and just tried it again.

2. Have you cleared your browser cache and cookies (if you have not, please do so)

not going to do this, too much saved here, too annoying to re-enter everything, you need to tell me specifically what cookies to delete.

3. Can you reproduce the behavior in an incognito window.  Have not tried 

4. Are other users in your portal experiencing the behavior.  no one else uses this.

5. Do the emails log 3 times on the contact's timeline (if you can provide links to example contacts, that would be great!).  NO

6. In the sent folder of your gmail, do you see the bcc address listed three times? (a screenshot would be helpful of this as well).  NO

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @daniull

I will need the following pieces of information and the following actions taken by you in order to continue working through this matter with you. 

1. Please clear your cache in Chrome (from the beginning of time). You will need to clear your browsing history, download history, cached files, and cookies. 

1a. After you have cleared your cache, please delete the extension and re-install it. Go through the actions of sending an email. 

2. I will need to know what occurs when you try the actions in an incognito window. 

3. I will need links to example contacts who experienced this behavior. 

4. If the results in incognito and after you have cleared your cache are the same, the next piece of information I am going to need is email headers for both the sent and received emails (you can send them to a personal inbox, or inbox with a different domain that you have access to). They can be sent through a direct message. 

If the issue persists after clearing your cache, I look forward to hearing back from you with these answers and pieces of information so that we can continue to partner together to work towards a resolution. 

Best,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor
I have cleared cache....same problem. You know whats not working now? my recent email reply, it is not loggng. My last one was from Sept 28 and I have send over 1000 emails since then and it is not logging.
0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @daniull

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues regarding your connected inbox. 

Can you follow the steps I outlined above in regards to getting email headers for both a sent and received email? They can be sent through a direct message once you have them. Additionally, if you can collect a HAR file (click here for how to get a har file) from Gmail and have it collect when the three bcc addresses appear, that will help our development team diagnose what is causing this. 

Please let me know when you have the HAR file and email headers and we can go from there to continue working towards a resolution. 

Best,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Community Superstar

- see Multiple open notifications for the same tracked email

#nlmtt #nlmtu

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

0 Upvotes