Sales Hub Tools

dmattauch
Contributor

calculate a date in a workflow

SOLVE

hi,

So when my deal reaches closed won, i have a property "start date" and a property "end date" that i need filled. 

Start date is date of step so it's easy to fill with workflow.

End date is 60 days after start date. But in the workflow i can only select a static date or date of step.

Is there any way to automatically fill end date or i have to put a task to do it?

Many thanks

David

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dmattauch,

There are a few ways to approach this. Out of the box, it's not possible to set a date property to 60 days in the future.

The first option would be to add a delay in the workflow and then set the property to the step of the date after this delay. Usually this doesn't work because you need the date property to have a value before that.

The second option would be custom code actions in workflows which allow you to calculate the date right in the moment, alternatively the new date formatting options. This would require HubSpot Operations Hub Professional, a recently introduced product. There is short LinkedIn video by @KyleJepson which demonstrates this: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/kyleanthonyjepson_hubspottipsandtricks-hubspot-automation-activity-68...

The third option would be a third-party solution, e.g. Zapier. With Zapier you could do the calculation outside of HubSpot and sync back the date information into HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dmattauch,

There are a few ways to approach this. Out of the box, it's not possible to set a date property to 60 days in the future.

The first option would be to add a delay in the workflow and then set the property to the step of the date after this delay. Usually this doesn't work because you need the date property to have a value before that.

The second option would be custom code actions in workflows which allow you to calculate the date right in the moment, alternatively the new date formatting options. This would require HubSpot Operations Hub Professional, a recently introduced product. There is short LinkedIn video by @KyleJepson which demonstrates this: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/kyleanthonyjepson_hubspottipsandtricks-hubspot-automation-activity-68...

The third option would be a third-party solution, e.g. Zapier. With Zapier you could do the calculation outside of HubSpot and sync back the date information into HubSpot.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
Digital Marketer | HubSpot Freelancer | CRM Consultant

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

dmattauch
Contributor

SOLVE

Perfect thanks Karsten

0 Upvotes