adding pdf's to sales email templates.

DnA

Having a few issues with using embedded pdf's in email templates, was advised to reach out to support on here.

Here's the chat I had with online help

HubSpot:  Hi there, do you have set-up questions? Chat with us, we're here to help!

Me: Hi, I'm just playing with setting up a sales email template. The email has a link to an uploaded pdf file. When the file is viewed, the "This document was shared using hubspot" footer prevents pages being viewed correctly, it's cutting off lines of text. Am I doing anything wrong or is it just a case of it trying to pursuade people to buy the pro package?

HubSpot: Hello Ian. Could you please clarify, are you using our HubSpot Documents tool to upload the .pdf file?

Me: Yes

HubSpot: What is the name of the template? Are you seeing this issue once you send the template?

Me: I've sent it to myself. Name of template is cable armouring machine upgrade

HubSpot: I am taking a look now

Me: thank you

HubSpot: Okay I was able to find the template, and open the .pdf to preview it. (link) then I am clicking on "View" in the upper right hand corner to preview what it will look like being viewed, I am not seeing a HubSpot footer, or any content being covered up. I want to make sure I am looking in the correct place to help you fix this. Sometimes, it is that your browser is just zoomed in!

Me: do you have an email I can send a screenshot too?

HubSpot: Does the link I sent work? Is that the correct document?

Me: its the right document

HubSpot:  When you click the view button, is the same view you see when you view the document directly from the test email you sent yourself?

Me: no, when I click view, it doesn't show the hubspot footer

HubSpot:  Could you please forward the template to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  please know this email is just for sending the template.

Me: that's sent.

HubSpot: Hello Ian. Thank you for sending the template. You are correct, I can see exactly what you are taking about. I am not sure why that is happening. This is a tech support question. To reach tech support you can reach out on our HubSpot Community

So here I am, reaching out on the community for tech support 🙂 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @DnA apologies for the delay here, are you still experiencing this issue?

0 Upvotes
DnA

Hi Roisin,

It's a technical fault with hubspot.  Still on going. 😞

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Could you please forward the template to community@hubspot.com

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Thank you for sending on! I can confirm that when I'm viewing the PDF on a Mac Thunderbolt display I cannot scroll.

However when I reduce the window size or view on a smaller screen, e.g. my 14 inch macbook then the footer does not cut off the PDF and I'm able to scroll.

Our product team is further reviewing. 

Myself, @edjusten and/or @jennysowyrda will keep you posted 🙂

0 Upvotes