Sales Hub Tools

CKuoni

Workflow to automate email by day of the week

SOLVE

Hi There,

Due to shipping perishable items I'm looking to create an automated workflow that would trigger by day of the week. If a deal completes Thursday through Saturday the customer will receive an email explaining that they've missed this week's shipping window and we'll ship their order on Monday.

How can I trigger a workflow for orders placed on a particular day of the week?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CKuoni,

This can be achieved with workflow working hours:

karstenkoehler_0-1676613080537.png

This workflow would only execute during these times. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

By default, the workflow will still pick up deals that met the criteria outside these working hours. For example, let's assume you're planning to enroll deals by deal stage. A deal enters stage 1 on Tuesday and remains there. Your workflow enrolls deals when they're in stage 1 and once the working hours start, it would send the 'You missed this week's shipping window' email – because the enrollment criteria still hold true. You need to build in some sort of logic that excludes deals from enrollment which met the criteria outside of the working hours.

This could be a excluding deals from the workflow above based on a checkbox that is set outside of the deal's working hours. For example, if a deal comes in Monday through Thursday, you're setting a checkbox on those deals 'Order during shipping window'. The workflow above would exclude deals where this checkbox is checked.

Let me know if you have any questions about this part, it's very important.

Lastly, make sure to test this workflow first on a test deal (limiting enrollment to a test deal) and have it run for at least a week to make sure it behaves like you want it to.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CKuoni,

This can be achieved with workflow working hours:

karstenkoehler_0-1676613080537.png

This workflow would only execute during these times. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

By default, the workflow will still pick up deals that met the criteria outside these working hours. For example, let's assume you're planning to enroll deals by deal stage. A deal enters stage 1 on Tuesday and remains there. Your workflow enrolls deals when they're in stage 1 and once the working hours start, it would send the 'You missed this week's shipping window' email – because the enrollment criteria still hold true. You need to build in some sort of logic that excludes deals from enrollment which met the criteria outside of the working hours.

This could be a excluding deals from the workflow above based on a checkbox that is set outside of the deal's working hours. For example, if a deal comes in Monday through Thursday, you're setting a checkbox on those deals 'Order during shipping window'. The workflow above would exclude deals where this checkbox is checked.

Let me know if you have any questions about this part, it's very important.

Lastly, make sure to test this workflow first on a test deal (limiting enrollment to a test deal) and have it run for at least a week to make sure it behaves like you want it to.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.