Sales Hub Tools

SComeau
トップ投稿者

Workflow to Pause Sequences?

解決

We have a lot of prospects that live in Florida and we are hoping we can "Pause" their sequence during the hurricaine. Is it possible to use a workflow to do this? Will it work correctly?

Contact Workflow>Contact State is Florida>Now in Sequence=TRUE. Can we use the "Delay" Action to delay for a set amount of time? I am hoping this will work. 

SComeau_0-1664394447864.png

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @SComeau,

Unfortunately this workflow solution won't work – as far as I know, it's not possible to pause a sequence for contacts via workflow. You could only unenroll all of these contacts.

Alternatively, you could pause an entire sequence or pause it for individual contacts: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/sequences/monitor-the-contacts-enrolled-in-your-sequence#pause-and-res...

It sounds like none of these options are great for you:

1. Unenrolling contacts means that you have to figure out how to get them to the right spot in the sequence again.
  2. Pausing the entire sequence pauses it for non-FL contacts, too.
  3. Pausing individual contacts is not a process that scales well.

Personally, I'm leaning towards option 1. Option 2 means you'll pause your entire sequence activity. Option 3 is very time consuming unless we're talking about <100 contacts. This is probably something you should check first via a list: how many contacts does this affect?

If we're talking more than 100 contacts, I'd recommend option 1. I'd unenroll these contacts via workflow and then create an entirely new sequence for these contacts. That way, you don't have to check at which point contacts left the sequence.

(You can of course build contact lists and filter for activity properties to see which of the FL contacts have received email 1, 2, 3 etc in your sequence – and create sequences for each group so that they're jumping back in where they left. In my opinion, a new sequence, potentially even referencing the hurricane, is easier, less prone to error and has the potential to resonate more with the recipients.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

1件の返信
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @SComeau,

Unfortunately this workflow solution won't work – as far as I know, it's not possible to pause a sequence for contacts via workflow. You could only unenroll all of these contacts.

Alternatively, you could pause an entire sequence or pause it for individual contacts: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/sequences/monitor-the-contacts-enrolled-in-your-sequence#pause-and-res...

It sounds like none of these options are great for you:

1. Unenrolling contacts means that you have to figure out how to get them to the right spot in the sequence again.
  2. Pausing the entire sequence pauses it for non-FL contacts, too.
  3. Pausing individual contacts is not a process that scales well.

Personally, I'm leaning towards option 1. Option 2 means you'll pause your entire sequence activity. Option 3 is very time consuming unless we're talking about <100 contacts. This is probably something you should check first via a list: how many contacts does this affect?

If we're talking more than 100 contacts, I'd recommend option 1. I'd unenroll these contacts via workflow and then create an entirely new sequence for these contacts. That way, you don't have to check at which point contacts left the sequence.

(You can of course build contact lists and filter for activity properties to see which of the FL contacts have received email 1, 2, 3 etc in your sequence – and create sequences for each group so that they're jumping back in where they left. In my opinion, a new sequence, potentially even referencing the hurricane, is easier, less prone to error and has the potential to resonate more with the recipients.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.