Sales Hub Tools

Bwillyrich
Participant

Workflow on most recently closed deal

SOLVE

Hello all,

I've been struggling to find a way to do this. Essentially we have two pipelines: Sales pipeline and Renewals pipeline. We have companies that are closed won for the first time and others renewing for the 2nd and 3rd years.

What I'm trying to do is create a workflow that updates a custom field as "yes" when the most recent deal is a closed won / renewal closed won status, and "no" if the expiration date on the most recent deal is before today's date (I've solved the "today's date" field issue thanks to another post in this community). 

I'm trying to more easily track who has a product activated currently. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Ok, thanks for the additional context! So I've mocked this up in my own test portal and I believe it meets the requirements of what you are looking to do...

We need to do is configure our workflows. These will be deal based workflows that are constantly listening for changes/updates happening to deals in both the Sales and Renewal Pipeline. When these updates happen we can execute a series of actions, specifically to update the associated company property.

Workflow 1: Update Product Activated "Yes" when Deal is closed/won (Sales & Renewal Pipeline): See the screenshot below. When a deal is closed won in the sales OR closed won in the renewals pipeline we will update the "Product Activated" property of the associated company to "Yes".

workflow-1.png

Workflow 2: Update Product Activated "No" when renewal expires: See the screenshot below. When a deal in the renewal pipeline has an expiry date of more than 1 day ago we update the "Product Activated" property of the associated company to "No".

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 14.30.09.png

Let me know your thoughts but from my testing it seems to do the job albeit I don't know the intricacies of your portal setup. I hope this is helpful!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
coldrickjack
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @Bwillyrich,

Just so I am clear, you are wanting to update a custom property (product activated) on a company record to "Yes" when an associated deal in the renewals pipeline is closed/won. Additionally, that same property (product activated) would be updated to "No" if an associated deal in the renewals pipeline is closed/lost or renewal date expires. Is that correct? 

Bwillyrich
Participant

SOLVE

Good morning @coldrickjack ,

Yes - that's right, except that it would only occur on closed won / renewal closed won deals. Closed lost wouldn't come into the picture. The other thing I'd add is that I'd like that behavior to occur on both the sales pipeline deals (1st year) and the renewal pipeline deals (each subsequent year). And that property would update on the company level as you described.

0 Upvotes
coldrickjack
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Ok, thanks for the additional context! So I've mocked this up in my own test portal and I believe it meets the requirements of what you are looking to do...

We need to do is configure our workflows. These will be deal based workflows that are constantly listening for changes/updates happening to deals in both the Sales and Renewal Pipeline. When these updates happen we can execute a series of actions, specifically to update the associated company property.

Workflow 1: Update Product Activated "Yes" when Deal is closed/won (Sales & Renewal Pipeline): See the screenshot below. When a deal is closed won in the sales OR closed won in the renewals pipeline we will update the "Product Activated" property of the associated company to "Yes".

workflow-1.png

Workflow 2: Update Product Activated "No" when renewal expires: See the screenshot below. When a deal in the renewal pipeline has an expiry date of more than 1 day ago we update the "Product Activated" property of the associated company to "No".

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 14.30.09.png

Let me know your thoughts but from my testing it seems to do the job albeit I don't know the intricacies of your portal setup. I hope this is helpful!

Bwillyrich
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the speedy response! 

This looks perfect for what I need, the only question I have is around the "most recent deal" nature of it all. Some of these companies may have several deals where the expiration is in the past and one deal where it isn't. I'm concerned the workflow will trip up over that. Is there a way to ensure the workflow will only look at the most recent deal in either pipeline? 

0 Upvotes
coldrickjack
Top Contributor

SOLVE

No problem, I don't believe that will be an issue. 🤔 So long as your team is working the most up to date deal as soon as it meets the rules defined in the enrollment criteria the workflow will execute. The workflow only ever runs once per deal. I'd recommend building this out and running some tests to ensure it does what you need it to do.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Bwillyrich 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @Jnix284 @ChrisoKlepke @coldrickjack do you have any thought for @Bwillyrich on this?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes