Sales Hub Tools

MattF
Stratege/Strategin

Workflow Task after Meeting

I'm trying to create a Workflow that will automatically assign a task (or even better, prompt the owner of a Deal to update a property) after a meeting takes place.

For example, a rep has a meeting scheduled for 11:00 AM through the Meeting function. After 11:00 AM, I want a task/prompt to be created asking the rep to update the Outcome of this meeting.

I've been using the "Meeting Start Time" property, but I can't seem to get the details 100% right where once that start time has passed, the task kicks off.

Has anybody had success with something similar?

(Ideally, the Meeting function would do this on it's own where the user can log the meeting outcome just like a completed Call, but doesn't seem like the system is there yet).

Thanks in advance!

14 Antworten
slepoidevin
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I have a solution that has been working for me.

I created a Company workflow (although I'm sure Contact would work too) and used the following triggers:

• Activity Type is any of Meeting
  • Activity Date is less than 1 day ago

The workflow will trigger right at the meeting start time.

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 1.50.58 PM.png

Then, I have a 2-hour delay (to give the rep time to have their meeting and update the outcome) and then I do an IF/THEN to see if the outcome was completed. If it's still in "Scheduled" that means the outcome was not completed.

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 1.56.21 PM.png

The issue I am having is that I want to assign a task to the person the Meeting is Assigned To (who is not necessarily the Company Owner) - if anyone has had any success with that please let me know!

indyfin
Mitglied

Hi - I am having a hard time following your instructions here as the option to set an activity date less than a day ago does not seem to exist ! It allows me to select a date but not relative dates.  Any ideas ? 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hello @indyfin, what is the workflow type you are trying to add to this action? I was able to select in a deal workflow as my screenshot below shows more details.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 11.51.11 AM.png

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Lee86
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

Hi, 

I am trying to create a similar workflow, but for I don't have the option to add : activity data is less than 1 day ago, any ideas why? or what can I use instead? 

Thanks 

Lee

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hello @Lee86 ,

Could you please provide us a screenshot of what are you seeing on your end?  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

HenrikCharlie
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi @PamCotton , 

It seems that the "less than" rule is only available for company-based workflows. 

0 Upvotes
DAnaGuiloff
Stratege/Strategin | Partner

Hi @slepoidevin ,

You are definitely on the right track. Using a workflow to do some of the manual work is the right approach. Now you just need to have a field to check.

Not sure of your setup for Meetings or Sales Hub Plan Level, which all play a factor in how and what you can do certain things. (so I am going to assume you have at least Sales Free + HubSpot Professional since you are using workflows, and you are using a personal meeting link setup - not round robin or group)

When a meeting is booked through a personal meeting link, that contact record's owner is set to whoever's calendar was used to book the meeting. If you aren't using Contact Owner as who the Contact is booking the meeting with, what property are you using to track who is the responsible party for the meeting?

Defining Contact/Company/Deal Ownership should be part of your engagement process, no matter how you are tracking it. It removes the "I thought you were handling it" from your engagement equation. You could also use something like this:

• Contact/Company Owner = Ultimately Responsible for the "account". Think Account Manager.
  • Deal Owner = Part of the Sales process for an account. Think Sales Rep.
  • Meeting Owner = Responsible for any Meetings for an "account". Sounds like what you are looking for. (This would be a custom property on your object - Contact and/or Company and/or Deal, depending on how you want to structure and maintain it.)

Whatever field you are using to track it, that would be what you would use to assign the task to. If you aren't using a custom property and want to set one up, you just have to make sure the internal description on the property is setup as an email address so the task can be assigned and sent out appropriately. (Keep in mind, only 1 email can be sent to at a time from a custom property field holding email addresses.)

In general I would say, even if another person is having a meeting with the contact, alerting the Contact Owner (the person ultimately responsible for taking care of the contact) isn't the worst scenario. They can at least get the task and reassign it or at worst, figure out who should be responsible to take care of it and follow up.

Hope that helps get you to where you are looking to go!

Something also to note:

If you have Sales Pro/Enterprise you can use Sequences to add tasks and send followup emails too and HubSpot already has a template you can start with "Post call/meeting follow up Sequence".

slepoidevin
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Thanks Dana! The issue is actually that the AE owns the Company record, but an SE or a Support rep will sometimes take a call with that company to help them get their trial set up during the deal process. Ownership is clear, but I have no way to trigger a task to the SE or Support rep who took the most recent meeting. I end up triggering a task to the AE saying "update meeting outcome" but it wasn't their meeting.

DAnaGuiloff

You bet.

I'd be curious to see how those meetings are getting scheduled & logged on the contact record. There is likely a way to add in that custom property in the process (either automatically or manually) to be able to check against it at some point in your workflow so at least the end of the process is more automated for you.

kbjornaas
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

If basing off a LOGGED meeting rather than a scheduled meeting, that makes it infinitely easier. But you are relying on humans to put in data. I have found it almost impossible to do this around scheduled meetings because you never know if the demo actually occurred. I had to create a pretty crazy workaround with custom fields and workflows to get this to work for us which relies on the reps to simply update the lead status. It was a bear to set up initially but works flawlessly now. 

HubSpotMaster
Autorität | Diamond Partner
Autorität | Diamond Partner

@kbjornaas Would you be willing to share the way this is structured. I'm trying to come up with a way to track meetings scheduled vs. Meetings held for various stages in the sales process. Any tips would be great. 

Thanks,

Adam

jennysowyrda
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @MattF,

If you log a meeting you can add a follow up task while logging the meeting. 

If you want to use a workflow, meeting start time is a good option! 

@MikeLawson@alyssacarter@SalesIsScience@PatrickEng do you have any suggestions on workarounds for @MattF?

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
SalesIsScience
Teilnehmer/-in

Let me ask how are you starting this workflow? Is it based on logging a meeting or scheduling one?
MattF
Stratege/Strategin

It would be based on logging a meeting

0 Upvotes